Blog

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

224 replies

My electric blanket so I don’t have to have the heating on all day home working! I use it as a chair cover and just sit on it and let it hug me :)

My Best Present was a few years ago and it was a lovely diamond ring from my partner.

My greatest ever Christmas present was a labrador puppy. He has since brought so much happiness and joy into the family and we cant imagine life without him :heart_eyes:

My best Christmas present was my son he was due the 14th December 10 years ago but decided to arrive on Christmas Eve. 

Userlevel 1

The greatest gift I ever received was my very first portable tv for my bedroom when I was around 13. Tv’s at the time were massive compared to today’s flat screen beauties, it was really heavy and packed in a massive box. We picked it up from my uncles house on our annual present swap, but it was labelled to my Dad and I was told that it contained bricks as a joke - he was a bricklayer at the time. I fell for it completely and was over the moon to unwrap my dream present on Christmas morning!

Userlevel 1

The best gift I ever received was a pair of brown suede Roller Boots in the 1980’s. I sure did have some adventures (and near-misses) on those things! I think I only took them off for bed because they wouldn’t fit under the covers!

My sister and her partner sent me plane ticket to visit her in Ireland as I hadn’t seen her for nearly 6 years, it was emotional to say the least!

Mine was GTA Vice City back in the day! Absolutely loved that game!

Managing to get home a few years ago, when my flights were cancelled!

When I was a little girl in the early 70s I desperately wanted to be an astronaut and one Christmas when I was 7 I received the best Christmas present ever... an airfix Saturn V rocket which my grandad helped me build.  As I've got older I've had more expensive gifts but this is still my favourite ever and always reminds me if my grandad Jim.  

A photo frame from my kids with a photo of them in as it was so lovely and thoughtful.

Userlevel 1

My best present ever was My first mobile phone (Nokia 3310) I was never off it.

Userlevel 1

Year 2002/2003 (roughly)
I think my best Christmas present has to be when I was with my then boyfriend Spencer.
His dad had managed to find a cd copy of Alannis Morisettes album. The one with Ironic. 
I am a huge fan.
I used to sing to my boyfriend when he was going to sleep! He said it made him feel relaxed.
This was very difficult to get a hold of. Back then there was just cds and records were very popular. There was HMV and supermarket’s did the top 40. 
His dad said he had spent hours looking. He’d ended up ordering it from America.
I was just so grateful to how much effort put in.

He used to work long shifts. And he used to be sat in his little alcove, doing the lottery. He was in a syndicate and he’d calculate how many times a number had drawn and the probability of which numbers were likely to be drawn. Very mathematical.
Anyway so I was quite surprised. I am not very confident, and so it’s funny isn’t it? How much people notice you or things about you that you haven’t a clue about.
It’s made me a bit emotional thinking about that.
And I written on here for all to see!! Oh well. Who cares! 

I’ve never ever sung to anyone else like that. I’ve also never had a partner’s parents make a gesture as beautiful as this. 

Userlevel 1

My eldest son who was born 22nd Dec and my youngest daughter on 10th. 

A handmade TARDIS advent calendar filled with lots of goodies, made by my wonderful girlfriend! 

Userlevel 1

I absolutely loved my K’NEX Roller Coaster that I got one Christmas from my parents. Like a Hot Wheels Loop & Launch but took up half the dining room and needed the table to be moved to fit in. Loved making my own custom roller coaster cars to go round the track and adding custom sections of track too. It was so big that my Mum kept the box in the loft so I had to get her permission to build it as it got in the way. Always was sad to have to take it down at the end of half term etc.

The best present I ever received was a My Little Pony Stable from my Grandad when I was a young child, it may have been second hand from a car boot sale but I loved it so much and played with it every day, my Nan and Grandad didn’t have much money to buy me toys and clothes when I was growing up but always gave whatever they could afford and always gave me their time which I now know is way more important. I miss them both so much.

The best gift I’ve had has to be the DSLR camera my mum got me a few years back. I have taken so many pictures that I love with it, capturing wonderful memories and even now use it to take nice pictures of my dog wearing the items I make and sell online. It was a total surprise present, I had no idea she was going to buy one for me and I almost cried with happiness when I opened it!

The greatest gift I received was a Commodore 64 at Christmas when I was 10 with a bright red Fidelity TV to connect it to, that got me into computers and technology.

When I was a little kid, there was one Christmas that stands out. T’was the Christmas of amazing presents! 

That year, I got a Sindy Doll Mansion, something I’d wanted forever. I have a photo somewhere of me posed proudly beside it; it was taller than me.

That same year, we got a family ZX Spectrum 48K (the black one, with the rubber keys). My brothers and I played on that thing non-stop. There were worn out fingers galore from playing our first game, “Daley Thompson’s Decathlon”, which involved a ton of ZX key sprint marathons! I also recall early days coding i.e. following the instructions in the Spectrum book which was hours of work typing out hundreds of random characters in a particular order to create … a picture of a bike. It was the 80s, a wonderful decade to be be a kid, and the start of my love of gaming.

I still have my frist Sindy doll. The original Spectrum wore out, although my brother has one in his retro gaming collection. Happy days :)

It was a lump of coal. They said bad kids got coal. But i put it on my santa list because i wanted to make a camp fire for the cold winter haha

Userlevel 3

The best gift I got for xmas was a surprise visit from my relatives after not being able to see them for decades. It was such a heart-warming and wholesome moment. A memory I will never forget!

When I was teenager my Dad bought me a beautiful chunky silver locket which I desperately wanted.  Unfortunately when he cleared up all the wrapping paper and took it out and burnt it all the locket had been picked up with it.  It was burnt and twisted.  My Dad spent hours cleaning and getting it back into shape and had just a few scratch marks on  it  That made it extra special and I still have it at the age of 67

Userlevel 3
Badge

Humax HDR T2 PVR system - still he best available

Userlevel 3

My best ever Xmas gift was a Mr Frosty to make Slush Puppies. 

Why iD Mobile?