Blog

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

224 replies

Userlevel 1

The greatest Christmas gift I ever received was my son Jonathan, he arrived two months early at 9pm on Christmas Eve 1988! It was also one of the biggest shocks and surprises of my life having driven 300 miles to spend Christmas with my family in the Lake District. So glad my family were around to support us during a very worrying but ultimately amazing and happy time. No Christmas before or after has ever come close. 

My best present ever will be coming in a couple of weeks. My 92-year-old mother who moved in with me 7 years ago is going for a break with my sister and niece. My first break from caring, in my own home in 7 years. Yay!!!!! 

No pictures yet :)

Userlevel 1

The greatest gift I received for Christmas was my partner proposing. He had our son helping who was about 18months at the time and I bawled my eyes out. We had been together for 7 years at the time and I had all but given up on having the same last name 🤣. We've now been together 12 years and have a daughter as well as our son to share magical Christmases with! 

Userlevel 1

My best gift was a bicycle from my wife. 

I grew up with 3 older brothers... so my mum wanted me to have some girlie stuff,as i was only daughter. ...i was 12 and the best thing i got for Christmas was my very own Ice Hockey Stick 🏒.  it was black and red and simply amazing!!! I no longer had to wait till someone will lend me one, so i could play. I was just happiest ever at that moment!!! And remember how awesome it felt till today. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Best Christmas gift ever was from my sister when Harry Potter world in Orlando opened.  She worked in the travel industry and cashed in all her bonuses to get us a great holiday and I think, with everything she squeezed, I only paid about £100 for the flights, hotel and park tickets.  Pretty great. Neither of us have children but we do love the parks.

Userlevel 1

PlayStation 2 from Toys“R”Us the year it came out. 

The greatest gift I have got at Christmas is my husband being able to be with us as he works away from home ¾ of the year…. So the first of his time with me and kids is the greatest present we get at Christmas. 

Userlevel 1

Narrowly missed out on our amazing Black Friday offers and feeling a touch of FOMO? Relax! We think everyone should be able to get an incredible value deal here at iD, so our deals don’t end in November. That’s right, we’re treating everyone to epic deals for the festive season, too.

Let’s get started with our Christmas SIM Only offers. As you probably know by now, we’re all about ‘no fluff, just the good stuff’ at iD Mobile. That means features you’ll love, like Data Rollover and Bill Capping, a Help and Support area where you can find the answers you need, and amazing value.

Well, this month, we’re throwing in a Christmas gift too. Throughout December, we’ll give you a Currys gift card worth up to £50 when you buy a selected 12 or 24-month SIM Only plan. Starting at £10 a month for 12 months, you’ll get 20GB data, unlimited minutes, and a £25 gift card to spend on the tech you love. And it doesn’t stop there – here’s our pick of the best SIM Only deals this month:

Contract length

Monthly cost

Data

Minutes

Currys gift card

24 months

£16

Unlimited

Unlimited

£50

24 months

£10

30GB

Unlimited

£25

12 months

£18

Unlimited

Unlimited

£50

12 months

£16

100GB

Unlimited

£50

12 months

£10

20GB

Unlimited

£25

With savings like this, how can you say no to unlimited data? If you’re after a 12-month contract, we’ll give you all the data you can use for £18 a month, and we’ll give you that £50 gift card as a thank you, too. And if you want to lock in that unbeatable deal for the long term, go for unlimited data for 24 months for only £16 a month. Not bad at all!

Get cashback with our festive Samsung deals

Since it is the season of giving, why not be a friend to yourself as well? If you’ve got your eye out for a phone that can take Christmas family photos that’ll stand the test of time, we’ve got awesome deals on a range of top Samsung phones. It’s guaranteed to be love at frost sight!

So, what’s the deal? It’s simple! We’ll give you up to £150 cashback when you buy a selected Samsung 5G phone with us. Get £100 cashback when you get the impressive Samsung S21, or the big £150 when you choose the beastly Galaxy S21 Ultra.

However, if you’re after a more affordable Samsung that’s still packed with 5G speeds and a ton of features, we haven’t forgotten you. Our festive Samsung deals have something for everyone! Let’s break it down:

Samsung phone

Cashback offer

Galaxy S21 Ultra

£150

Galaxy S21+

£120

Galaxy S21

£100

Galaxy A52s 5G

£80

Galaxy A32 5G

£30

Whether you’ve got your heart set on something from the boundary-pushing S21 range, or you’re simply after a great value Samsung 5G phone with multiple cameras, you can bag yourself a new Samsung AND get cashback this Christmas. Ho ho ho!

Christmas Competition Time:

There was plenty of energy in last month’s Community competition! We asked you guys about your favourite phone release of all time, and your fantastic responses truly sent us down memory lane – everything from the legendary Motorola Razr to the tough-as-nails Nokia 3310. We love that you guys are as passionate about phones as we are.

And speaking of energy, our prize this month may just make your Christmas, and help you get your 2022 off to a flying start. Why? Because we’re giving one lucky iD Community Member the incredible Samsung Galaxy S21 AND a Fitbit Charge 5! That’s in-person quality calls, super-fast 5G and beautiful screen, and an awesome activity tracker to keep on top of all your health stats. We’re talking workouts, heart rate, sleep, and even stress. Kickstart the new year in style!

How to enter:

We want to know ‘What was the greatest Christmas gift you ever received, and why?’ It could be any present, from anyone special in your life, so long as it has a good story! Feel free to add a photo of the gift below, too.

The closing date for entries is 23.59 (GMT) on 15th December 2021, so be sure to post your entry in the comments section below before the deadline. T&C’s apply.

Best of luck and have a wonderful Christmas!

My best Christmas present was a Prince Charles Jigsaw. Featuring HRH in tropical naval uniform. 

The greatest gift I could receive for Christmas is

I would love to have another baby a happy and healthy baby and for my 4 year old son to be happy and healthy and for his wishes to come true.

Userlevel 1

I am still waiting for my best Christmas present as I cant recall anything amazing. :santa:

Userlevel 1

The greatest gift I ever received was from my grandfather.  I was very close to him and he took me to get my ears pierced.  He supplied jewellery shops and knew the owners of a shop and he arranged an extra surprise for me to be fitted with my first pair of earrings, gold garnet studs.  I treasure these earrings and still have them to this day

The best Christmas present I had was last year. I got to spend one extra Christmas with my grandad before he lost his battle to cancer.

He wasn't meant to make it past Christmas so when I was able to have one final Christmas with him it beat any present I could have asked for hands down.

I will always remember that Christmas for that reason.

Userlevel 1

My best ever Xmas present was a “cheap n cheerful” £99 week’s holiday to the Costa Del Sol. It wasn’t so much that specific holiday it was the fact it was my first ever winter holiday and it made me realise I suffered from SAD. Ever since then I have been able to mitigate its severity so that present’s benefits have lasted to this day.

Userlevel 2

Three years ago my big Brother passed away and his kitten had ran away previously. 

After we sorted out his funeral we got a call saying my brothers cat had been found by a neighbour. I went and picked him up from the vets and appart from very frightned and a little ferral, he was fine and has lived with me ever since.

So now this little handsome devil is my favorite christmas present and my last link to my brother.

Merry Christmas everyone xx

Userlevel 1

My Samsung s10, best Xmas present ever.

Userlevel 1

My best ever present was a 6x3' snooker table.  Parents hid it by setting the dining table with it underneath.

It gave me, my family, and friends hours of entertainment. 

Userlevel 1

My best gift was a star named in honour of my grandad who had recently passed away. 

Userlevel 1

Well, this years present will be the best by far. We’re getting two rescue kittens to add to our family! So excited! Far more excited than the year the hubby bought me a pair of scissors! Honestly! To be fair I think poor gift giving runs in the family as his father bought his mother lawn edging shears one year! I say bring on the kittens and remember to always send the hubby links to gifts you actually want! 

My best ever present was a Viking Sol Invictus Metal Detector back in 1979, ideal present as I used to live on the beach front in South Wales. 42 years later am still loving detecting :blush:

Userlevel 1

Casting my mind back all those years, the one Christmas present that really sticks in my mind was when I got a brand new Raleigh Chipper bicycle at around the age of 5 or 6. It was a surprise because having 4 older siblings I was expecting my first 2-wheeler to be a hand-me-down from my older brothers.

The best present I ever got was a picture of me n my Nan who passed away in a frame 

The greatest gift I have ever received is my baby boy. Born Christmas Eve 2009. He is the gift that keeps on giving. 

The best gift ever received was Walkman back 90s when I was teenager. 

Userlevel 1

I absolutely loved my K’NEX Roller Coaster that I got one Christmas from my parents. Like a Hot Wheels Loop & Launch but took up half the dining room and needed the table to be moved to fit in. Loved making my own custom roller coaster cars to go round the track and adding custom sections of track too. It was so big that my Mum kept the box in the loft so I had to get her permission to build it as it got in the way. Always was sad to have to take it down at the end of half term etc.

Oh, just stubbled on some pictures of it assembled whilst looking for something in the old photos. As you can see it was an epic size!

Why iD Mobile?