Blog

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

224 replies

Userlevel 1

We’d had an awful year, then, calling my wife from work one November, something wasn’t right.  I dropped everything, with apologies to my work colleagues, and rushed home to find her blue and unable to even lift a hand.  I immediately called for an ambulance, but my first ring was a mistake, her hairdresser, but soon help came and my wife was rushed off to hospital where she was kept for a spell, multiple pulmonary embolisms, a post-operation complication.  I could have lost her.  Just before the Christmas season opened up she was returned home, the absolutely best gift I have ever received for Christmas or any other time…  Keep safe, keep sane, keep active - dani  

Userlevel 1

When I was in my early teens I received a Philips electronics kit, from which I could make simple things like buzzers and alarms up to a radio. It was fantastic for a small boy !

Userlevel 2
My beautiful little boy Barney was my best ever present, he keeps me company and gets me out for walks :-)

Userlevel 1

My best gift was my 1st bike back in 1977 🙂 I was sent to deliver a Christmas card to a neighbour on Christmas day which I thought was very odd. After knocking on his door he wheeled out the most gorgeous blue push bike with 3 gears and a basket on the front.
I just stood there thinking why has this guy brought me a bike haha I turned round and my parents were stood laughing saying its for you from Santa :)
We didn’t have much money back then and I was so overwhelmed as my parents had spend a long time saving up at the CO-OP to buy me it. I did love my bike 🙂 it was definitely my favourite Christmas gift  xx

Userlevel 1

My first ever console - super nintendo!

Userlevel 1

Best Xmas Present was My BBC Model B back in 1982? I can remember playing Arcadians all through Xmas

Userlevel 1

The greatest Christmas gift I’ve ever received was given to me once as a child and once as (very) mature adult. It was a pair of roller skates… My first ones were made to fit my shoes and were adjustable with bolts on.. but oh how i loved them.. Then a couple of years ago I was given a pair of roller boots on Christmas Day. I literally never took them off all day..in fact the turkey made a very speedy entrance to the table much to everyone’s horror :joy: Anyway I still love my roller boots and get them out regularly to skate around the local park and monthly roller disco. Nothing will ever come close to the excitement of receiving those brilliant skates. 

Userlevel 1

It has to be My First Talking Computer when I was about 7. It was a fantastic educational/fun toy in the 80’s, that my kids would probably laugh at now. I remember rushing home from school each day to play on it.

Userlevel 1

The best gift I received was the unexpected arrival of my girlfriend for the first time in months!

Userlevel 1

Not a gift as such but hope this counts.  My husband was in the RAF and spent months of each year deployed abroad, we rarely spent Christmas together however we did celebrate Christmas at other times - the turkey and the tree stayed up until March one time.

I was resigned to another Christmas on my own, this was the days before mobile phones, a couple of days before Christmas the landline rang, it wasn’t a great connection and there was lots of background noise which wasn’t unusual for a busy base.  He went on to tell me he was at Hartshead Moor a service station on the M62 and would be home within the hour.  Wow, I cried and smiled all at once, couldn’t quite believe it and then he was here, what a fabulous Christmas, although he had to return abroad after 8 days we didn’t focus on that and had the best time.  It made our Christmas.

Userlevel 1

A book about The Slimbridge wildfowl Trusts Reserve, in particular the drawings of the different swans that visit each year, a surprise gift from my late father. 

The best gift I received was a ring with a daffodil on it from my Mum. Daffodils are special in our family because my late Grandpa was Welsh and they help us to feel connected to him. It helps me feel close to both my Grandpa and my Mum when I wear it, and I feel very loved too!

Userlevel 1

I remember when I was 13 or 14 being given a James Bond Scalextric set. I thought it was the greatest thing I’d ever seen. I spent every single day on it, persuading anyone who would listen to play with me and race against me. I didn’t leave the house for a week! 

Userlevel 1

Narrowly missed out on our amazing Black Friday offers and feeling a touch of FOMO? Relax! We think everyone should be able to get an incredible value deal here at iD, so our deals don’t end in November. That’s right, we’re treating everyone to epic deals for the festive season, too.

Let’s get started with our Christmas SIM Only offers. As you probably know by now, we’re all about ‘no fluff, just the good stuff’ at iD Mobile. That means features you’ll love, like Data Rollover and Bill Capping, a Help and Support area where you can find the answers you need, and amazing value.

Well, this month, we’re throwing in a Christmas gift too. Throughout December, we’ll give you a Currys gift card worth up to £50 when you buy a selected 12 or 24-month SIM Only plan. Starting at £10 a month for 12 months, you’ll get 20GB data, unlimited minutes, and a £25 gift card to spend on the tech you love. And it doesn’t stop there – here’s our pick of the best SIM Only deals this month:

Contract length

Monthly cost

Data

Minutes

Currys gift card

24 months

£16

Unlimited

Unlimited

£50

24 months

£10

30GB

Unlimited

£25

12 months

£18

Unlimited

Unlimited

£50

12 months

£16

100GB

Unlimited

£50

12 months

£10

20GB

Unlimited

£25

With savings like this, how can you say no to unlimited data? If you’re after a 12-month contract, we’ll give you all the data you can use for £18 a month, and we’ll give you that £50 gift card as a thank you, too. And if you want to lock in that unbeatable deal for the long term, go for unlimited data for 24 months for only £16 a month. Not bad at all!

Get cashback with our festive Samsung deals

Since it is the season of giving, why not be a friend to yourself as well? If you’ve got your eye out for a phone that can take Christmas family photos that’ll stand the test of time, we’ve got awesome deals on a range of top Samsung phones. It’s guaranteed to be love at frost sight!

So, what’s the deal? It’s simple! We’ll give you up to £150 cashback when you buy a selected Samsung 5G phone with us. Get £100 cashback when you get the impressive Samsung S21, or the big £150 when you choose the beastly Galaxy S21 Ultra.

However, if you’re after a more affordable Samsung that’s still packed with 5G speeds and a ton of features, we haven’t forgotten you. Our festive Samsung deals have something for everyone! Let’s break it down:

Samsung phone

Cashback offer

Galaxy S21 Ultra

£150

Galaxy S21+

£120

Galaxy S21

£100

Galaxy A52s 5G

£80

Galaxy A32 5G

£30

Whether you’ve got your heart set on something from the boundary-pushing S21 range, or you’re simply after a great value Samsung 5G phone with multiple cameras, you can bag yourself a new Samsung AND get cashback this Christmas. Ho ho ho!

Christmas Competition Time:

There was plenty of energy in last month’s Community competition! We asked you guys about your favourite phone release of all time, and your fantastic responses truly sent us down memory lane – everything from the legendary Motorola Razr to the tough-as-nails Nokia 3310. We love that you guys are as passionate about phones as we are.

And speaking of energy, our prize this month may just make your Christmas, and help you get your 2022 off to a flying start. Why? Because we’re giving one lucky iD Community Member the incredible Samsung Galaxy S21 AND a Fitbit Charge 5! That’s in-person quality calls, super-fast 5G and beautiful screen, and an awesome activity tracker to keep on top of all your health stats. We’re talking workouts, heart rate, sleep, and even stress. Kickstart the new year in style!

How to enter:

We want to know ‘What was the greatest Christmas gift you ever received, and why?’ It could be any present, from anyone special in your life, so long as it has a good story! Feel free to add a photo of the gift below, too.

The closing date for entries is 23.59 (GMT) on 15th December 2021, so be sure to post your entry in the comments section below before the deadline. T&C’s apply.

Best of luck and have a wonderful Christmas!

Christmas 1964 my parents paid the deposit on a new bicycle for me. Having the wheels enabled me to get a paper round the pay from which enabled me to pay the instalments on the bicycle.  Seems a bit mean by today’s standards but at twelve years old it started me on the road to financial independence.  

Christmas 1992 and I got my SNES with arcade joystick, Super Mario World and Mario Kart, I don’t think I left my room for a week. Best present Ever!

Userlevel 1

The greatest Christmas gift I got a few years ago was a front wheel attachment for my wheelchair, which enabled me to explore different places within my city and beyond on a whole different level! It was so amazing as it made me really come out of my shell, and gave me the perfect excuse to try new things and go to new places which I had never previously considered before, as I now had a new toy to play with! It’s also a great way to exercise and I still use it to this day. It's a great talking point with strangers too :laughing:

Userlevel 3

The greatest gift I received was my first kitten, Rula. He was the fluffiest Birman cat you've ever seen and he was amazing. Unfortunately he passed away when he was 4 but this Christmas we've surprised my boys with a kitten for them to love. 

Userlevel 1

Back when we were starting out, we were very skint. So as my special birthday grew closer he sold his bike so he could send me up in a hot air balloon

Userlevel 1

I get my best Christmas present every year! Precious time with my lovely wife and two wonderful boys. 

I got a Crayola paint & crayon set on a carousal when I was about 7.  Absolutely loved it until my uncle who had too many sherries stepped on it & broke most of the crayons. A lasting memory :grinning:

Userlevel 1

The best gift I ever received was my own key to my house when I was 16. It showed my parents trusted me

Userlevel 1

Last Christmas my husband handed me an A4 envelope. I carefully opened it & pulled out a picture of an Aston Martin Vantage with a personalised plate on it with my initials. I was so excited & was jumping up & down shrieking. I ran to the window to see if my new car was on the drive at which point my husband told me he’d only bought me the number plate. I’m still driving around in my knackered 16 year old car which has done over 200,000 miles but it looks slightly better with the personalised plate on it anyway! 

Userlevel 1

A big red hand made sledge from my Dad when I was aged 5. Couldn't wait for snow that year. :) 

Userlevel 1

The greatest gift I ever received was VIP, meet and greet, tickets to Boyzone’s goodbye tour. I have been a huge fan since I was 7 years old, and 26 years later got to meet them and watch them live right up close. It was a true dream come true! 

Userlevel 1

The greatest gift I received was when my parents gave me a Sony Playstation (the original version), this came as a total surprise to me and made Christmas such a jolly and happy occasion that year. 

Why iD Mobile?