Blog

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

Narrowly missed out on our amazing Black Friday offers and feeling a touch of FOMO? Relax! We think everyone should be able to get an incredible value deal here at iD, so our deals don’t end in November. That’s right, we’re treating everyone to epic deals for the festive season, too.

Let’s get started with our Christmas SIM Only offers. As you probably know by now, we’re all about ‘no fluff, just the good stuff’ at iD Mobile. That means features you’ll love, like Data Rollover and Bill Capping, a Help and Support area where you can find the answers you need, and amazing value.

Well, this month, we’re throwing in a Christmas gift too. Throughout December, we’ll give you a Currys gift card worth up to £50 when you buy a selected 12 or 24-month SIM Only plan. Starting at £10 a month for 12 months, you’ll get 20GB data, unlimited minutes, and a £25 gift card to spend on the tech you love. And it doesn’t stop there – here’s our pick of the best SIM Only deals this month:

Contract length

Monthly cost

Data

Minutes

Currys gift card

24 months

£16

Unlimited

Unlimited

£50

24 months

£10

30GB

Unlimited

£25

12 months

£18

Unlimited

Unlimited

£50

12 months

£16

100GB

Unlimited

£50

12 months

£10

20GB

Unlimited

£25

With savings like this, how can you say no to unlimited data? If you’re after a 12-month contract, we’ll give you all the data you can use for £18 a month, and we’ll give you that £50 gift card as a thank you, too. And if you want to lock in that unbeatable deal for the long term, go for unlimited data for 24 months for only £16 a month. Not bad at all!

Get cashback with our festive Samsung deals

Since it is the season of giving, why not be a friend to yourself as well? If you’ve got your eye out for a phone that can take Christmas family photos that’ll stand the test of time, we’ve got awesome deals on a range of top Samsung phones. It’s guaranteed to be love at frost sight!

So, what’s the deal? It’s simple! We’ll give you up to £150 cashback when you buy a selected Samsung 5G phone with us. Get £100 cashback when you get the impressive Samsung S21, or the big £150 when you choose the beastly Galaxy S21 Ultra.

However, if you’re after a more affordable Samsung that’s still packed with 5G speeds and a ton of features, we haven’t forgotten you. Our festive Samsung deals have something for everyone! Let’s break it down:

Samsung phone

Cashback offer

Galaxy S21 Ultra

£150

Galaxy S21+

£120

Galaxy S21

£100

Galaxy A52s 5G

£80

Galaxy A32 5G

£30

Whether you’ve got your heart set on something from the boundary-pushing S21 range, or you’re simply after a great value Samsung 5G phone with multiple cameras, you can bag yourself a new Samsung AND get cashback this Christmas. Ho ho ho!

Christmas Competition Time:

There was plenty of energy in last month’s Community competition! We asked you guys about your favourite phone release of all time, and your fantastic responses truly sent us down memory lane – everything from the legendary Motorola Razr to the tough-as-nails Nokia 3310. We love that you guys are as passionate about phones as we are.

And speaking of energy, our prize this month may just make your Christmas, and help you get your 2022 off to a flying start. Why? Because we’re giving one lucky iD Community Member the incredible Samsung Galaxy S21 AND a Fitbit Charge 5! That’s in-person quality calls, super-fast 5G and beautiful screen, and an awesome activity tracker to keep on top of all your health stats. We’re talking workouts, heart rate, sleep, and even stress. Kickstart the new year in style!

How to enter:

We want to know ‘What was the greatest Christmas gift you ever received, and why?’ It could be any present, from anyone special in your life, so long as it has a good story! Feel free to add a photo of the gift below, too.

The closing date for entries is 23.59 (GMT) on 15th December 2021, so be sure to post your entry in the comments section below before the deadline. T&C’s apply.

Best of luck and have a wonderful Christmas!

This topic has been closed for comments

224 replies

Userlevel 2

Three years ago my big Brother passed away and his kitten had ran away previously. 

After we sorted out his funeral we got a call saying my brothers cat had been found by a neighbour. I went and picked him up from the vets and appart from very frightned and a little ferral, he was fine and has lived with me ever since.

So now this little handsome devil is my favorite christmas present and my last link to my brother.

Merry Christmas everyone xx

Userlevel 1

Best xmas gift I received was Brian May’s Red Special guitar (from the band Queen) autographed!

Userlevel 1

My best ever xmas present is this years one I got in contact with my grand daughter

I lost contact with my daughter in 2011, then last month i got an email from my grand daughter which was absolutely fabulous, and not only that she told me I had four great grand children , so now Im going to have the most wonderful xmas ever 

Userlevel 1

My ultimate favorite Christmas toy when I was a kid was  Johnny 7, unless you are a child of the 60's you won't be able to comprehend the pleasure this toy gave me as a child. Try doing a Google search and you will understand that as a 6 year old this was the ultimate toy all 7 in one features and I was the most popular lad around

Userlevel 1

(Genuine ID Mobile customer)

My best ever christmas present was a “Mechanical Santa” - our son made it from yoghurt pots, a cotton reel, string, dowels and lots of chrismas coloured material and sticky glue.  when you turn the dowel santas sack goes up and down.  He told me (with a very serious face for a 6yr old at the time) that sometimes people have chimneys that santa cannot get down, so he needs this so he can lower his sack without getting stuck! 

It goes on the fireplace every year - our son is at University now and is always incredibly embarrassed when its proudly placed next to the clock.

Userlevel 1

The greatest gift I ever received was my very first portable tv for my bedroom when I was around 13. Tv’s at the time were massive compared to today’s flat screen beauties, it was really heavy and packed in a massive box. We picked it up from my uncles house on our annual present swap, but it was labelled to my Dad and I was told that it contained bricks as a joke - he was a bricklayer at the time. I fell for it completely and was over the moon to unwrap my dream present on Christmas morning!

Userlevel 1

Year 2002/2003 (roughly)
I think my best Christmas present has to be when I was with my then boyfriend Spencer.
His dad had managed to find a cd copy of Alannis Morisettes album. The one with Ironic. 
I am a huge fan.
I used to sing to my boyfriend when he was going to sleep! He said it made him feel relaxed.
This was very difficult to get a hold of. Back then there was just cds and records were very popular. There was HMV and supermarket’s did the top 40. 
His dad said he had spent hours looking. He’d ended up ordering it from America.
I was just so grateful to how much effort put in.

He used to work long shifts. And he used to be sat in his little alcove, doing the lottery. He was in a syndicate and he’d calculate how many times a number had drawn and the probability of which numbers were likely to be drawn. Very mathematical.
Anyway so I was quite surprised. I am not very confident, and so it’s funny isn’t it? How much people notice you or things about you that you haven’t a clue about.
It’s made me a bit emotional thinking about that.
And I written on here for all to see!! Oh well. Who cares! 

I’ve never ever sung to anyone else like that. I’ve also never had a partner’s parents make a gesture as beautiful as this. 

Userlevel 1

I absolutely loved my K’NEX Roller Coaster that I got one Christmas from my parents. Like a Hot Wheels Loop & Launch but took up half the dining room and needed the table to be moved to fit in. Loved making my own custom roller coaster cars to go round the track and adding custom sections of track too. It was so big that my Mum kept the box in the loft so I had to get her permission to build it as it got in the way. Always was sad to have to take it down at the end of half term etc.

When I was a little kid, there was one Christmas that stands out. T’was the Christmas of amazing presents! 

That year, I got a Sindy Doll Mansion, something I’d wanted forever. I have a photo somewhere of me posed proudly beside it; it was taller than me.

That same year, we got a family ZX Spectrum 48K (the black one, with the rubber keys). My brothers and I played on that thing non-stop. There were worn out fingers galore from playing our first game, “Daley Thompson’s Decathlon”, which involved a ton of ZX key sprint marathons! I also recall early days coding i.e. following the instructions in the Spectrum book which was hours of work typing out hundreds of random characters in a particular order to create … a picture of a bike. It was the 80s, a wonderful decade to be be a kid, and the start of my love of gaming.

I still have my frist Sindy doll. The original Spectrum wore out, although my brother has one in his retro gaming collection. Happy days :)

Userlevel 3

The best gift I got for xmas was a surprise visit from my relatives after not being able to see them for decades. It was such a heart-warming and wholesome moment. A memory I will never forget!

Userlevel 1

The best Christmas present I remember receiving was...a banana. Every year 'Father Christmas would put a satsuma in mine and my sister's stocking. One year 'Father Christmas' realised, to his horror, he had forgotten to buy satsumas at Tesco so in a panic, put a 🍌 in instead. I can remember being so amazed and so excited... Mum said we actually gasped! I love the innocence and simplicity of it. And, bananas come ready-wrapped! 🤣

Userlevel 1

Diving Lessons - opened up a whole new world of wonder.

Userlevel 2

My first LP record when I was 10 years old.

Userlevel 1

Here it is, my best Christmas present ever! A Homer Simpson Fridge Magnet Bottle Opener!

Many years ago my sister in law came round a few days before Christmas, laden with biggest pile of gifts I'd ever seen for our family ☺️

All the presents were unloaded and neatly placed under the tree.

The big day arrived and after much present unwrapping my wife turned to me to ask what I got from her sister? Hmmm, I never got anything! 😒

At that point we noticed a small package at the back of the tree and it was for me from my sister in law. Awww, she had thought of me after all 😊 You know what they say 'All the best things come in small packages'. I open it up and there he is Homer Simpson, wow, what a great gift 🙄

The story doesn't end there though! Homer has been on our fridge for near 20 years, I'd hate to think how many beer bottles he's opened, and he's never let me down. Not only that he has accompanied us to some of the finest hotels in the UK! Just before we leave to go away my wife always asks 'you got Homer'? 

So, what appeared to be a rubbish gift, has stood the test of time, never got lost and never let me down when I've needed to crack open a beer or two. Thanks Sister-in-law definitely the Best Christmas Present ever!! 😂

Userlevel 1

The best gifts I ever received were a PS4, a Fitbit, a Apple Macbook pro and a brand new 28 inch TV for my bedroom.

This was special to me as it was the last Christmas with my nan before she passed away and she gave me it to me as a joint present from my family 

Userlevel 1

The best Christmas present I received would be when I was around 7 or 8 years old and my parents bought me and my brother string puppets of John Lennon and Paul McCartney.  Our whole family was Beatles mad at the time (around 1966, I think).  The puppets were made of wood, and making them “skate” on the kitchen floor was one of our favourite games.  We’re both in our 60s now, but remember that time fondly, especially as our Dad succumbed to cancer this year.

Userlevel 1

The greatest Christmas gift I ever received was my son Jonathan, he arrived two months early at 9pm on Christmas Eve 1988! It was also one of the biggest shocks and surprises of my life having driven 300 miles to spend Christmas with my family in the Lake District. So glad my family were around to support us during a very worrying but ultimately amazing and happy time. No Christmas before or after has ever come close. 

Userlevel 1

My best gift was a bicycle from my wife. 

Userlevel 1

My best gift was a star named in honour of my grandad who had recently passed away. 

Userlevel 1

Well, this years present will be the best by far. We’re getting two rescue kittens to add to our family! So excited! Far more excited than the year the hubby bought me a pair of scissors! Honestly! To be fair I think poor gift giving runs in the family as his father bought his mother lawn edging shears one year! I say bring on the kittens and remember to always send the hubby links to gifts you actually want! 

Userlevel 1

Casting my mind back all those years, the one Christmas present that really sticks in my mind was when I got a brand new Raleigh Chipper bicycle at around the age of 5 or 6. It was a surprise because having 4 older siblings I was expecting my first 2-wheeler to be a hand-me-down from my older brothers.

Userlevel 1

I was given a gorgeous Staffy puppy for Christmas 4 years ago! I named him Kobe and he is literally my best friend.

Userlevel 1

Hi the best Christmas gift I ever got was my little dog Shelby, She was unwanted as she had a birth defect, her right foot was turned in and she was rejected by her mother.. My aunt Shirley arrived at my house with this little bundle of cheekiness... Shelly is now four and full of life! 

Userlevel 1

I unfortunately cldnt have children.  My niece and nephews lived in Wales Germany, Newquay so I missed part of their lives..  Last Christmas we, I e. My husband and I received in a photo frame from our latest niece which  was a verse to Auntie Jo and Uncle Vince...  Saying we were her best aunt and uncle..and we belonged to her...  It means so much to me getting presents or cards saying Aunt and Uncle.  This year we have another niece too making 2 living 5 mins away.. its lovely..given the opportunity to have them overnight too is so so special.  I got close to experience her going to bed and waking up...gorgeous 

Userlevel 2

My favourite Xmas present was a pool table, it got plenty of use for a number of years.

Why iD Mobile?