Blog

Train Your Brain with These Brilliant Apps – Competition

Train Your Brain with These Brilliant Apps – Competition

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

99 replies

I like to play sudoku and scrabble on apps on my phone, I also enjoy a crossword!!

Userlevel 2

I like a little sudoku and lots of coffee :nerd:. My brain needs all the stimulation it can get.

I took up mindfulness meditation to help with anxiety but I noticed it improved my concentration enormously.

Often when I'm tired or not thinking clearly, just a glass of water can help perk me up a bit.

I like to relax in the evening, doing an online jigsaw, usually followed by some card games such as freecell or solitaire. I also like tackling crosswords and other word or mathgames in the weekend paper.

Userlevel 3

I solve differential equations while simultaneously doing mentalcalculus to exercise my brain. 

Userlevel 1

I like simulation app games like 'Make it true' or 'Space flight' and sometimes calming music is heaven.

Userlevel 2

I help my 9 year old son with his maths homework that's enough to exercise anyone's brain :-)

Userlevel 1

I play Sudoku using a Sudoku app on my phone to keep my brain in shape. There are daily challenges and different levels of difficulty to really stretch the grey matter.

Shut my eyes and take deep breaths !

I love playing problem solving games to keep my mind active and focused.

A bit of sudoku when I can, it’s relaxing too. Forgot the brain training from the DS days!

Gaming, reading or doing various puzzles

I love solving Rubik’s Cubes! I’m not very fast but applying the algorithms and solving the puzzle really keeps my brain active, I can solve a 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5. To put into perspective how slow I am, my personal best on a 3x3 cube is about 1m30s compared to my little brother’s 30s. He is practising to become a speed cuber and while he is no record breaker as of yet, he can solve many more puzzles, like the Square-1 (google it, it’s bonkers!), the Megaminx (again it’s crazy!), as well as the regular cube puzzles. I also work in graphic design and video editing for a small company, so I like to use my creative skills to keep my brain active, and have attempted (very poorly) to mix music.

I take time out to chill out and free my brain from daily tasks & worries. I can take a walk & enjoy the scenery giving my brain time out.👍

It's difficult to find the time but reading and soduku helps to keep the brain active - technology helps me with both through a great soduku app and my trusty kindle

Either my personal music or breathing techniques.

Userlevel 1

Love doing word searches & sudoku, it certainly works your brain cells out lol

Cold water wash or shower first thing in the morning.

Userlevel 1

Before my day begins I enjoy meditation to train my brain. During the day I like to play chess, dominoes and card games with my family, good for bonding. In the evening playing my bass guitar trains my brain because instruments are challenging. Using apps for brain training is not common practise for me but I will try the three recommended brain training apps and see what I think...

I brush up my Italian using the BBC website (free). Will do the same for French at some point.

For me it is the Kindle reading app.  Massive choice of books available, and with the various groups that are around giving free books and more, you can often try a new author without cost.

i use two versions of sudoku and Samauri soduko

also Time management programs.

On a typical day, I will make sure to read or meditate for half an hour before I get on with my day. Then in the evening I will often do a sudoku or crossword to maintain an active mind. I think I will give a few of these ideas a go though!

Userlevel 2

Calm app is great for clearing out the clutter and the Brilliant app is...well brilliant for unique and fun thought provoking puzzles!

Userlevel 2

I like playing video games and painting to help keep my mind sharp only started painting recently but I'm getting better :)

Why iD Mobile?