Who's Your Champion? Apple vs. Android - Competition

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

That... decade old question, which is better? Android or iPhone? Whichever side you are on we want to know why your side is better. Maybe it's the iPhone's design and ease of use? Or perhaps Android’s flexibility and roster of devices wins out for you?

Those who share their thoughts will be in with the chance to win... a brand new Android phone or Apple iPhone!

The competition ends at 23:59 on 22nd April 2022, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

Let the battle commence!

T&C’s apply.

Good luck!

142 replies

I was put off Apple years ago by the price (or rather my bank balance was). As time’s gone on and I’ve been prepared to pay more for my phones, I’ve still stuck with Android. I guess it’s partly familairity, although Android seems more versatile in general. I’m on my second Pixel phone and contemplating an upgrade; they’re excellent devices! 

I think, once upon a time, the iPhone was the ultimate option but, these days, with Samsung and Google offerings out there among others, there’s much more choice for top notch devices. It’s probably best to opt for what realistically works for you rather than a brand name.

Android I think is better never had an Apple though daughter has and swears by it but I still like Android 

Apple!!!

I used to always have Samsungs, until recently I upgraded to iPhone 13 pro max for a change. 
As soon as it arrived I regretted my decision however now I will never go back to Samsung (android) after getting used to iPhone layout.

I find the battery last longer than it did on my s21+, also like the design and also the smoothness and graphics are better

android pros are Facebook chat heads 

So my vote goes for iPhone:)

Userlevel 1

For me it’s Android all the way; my main requirements for my handset have always been a large screen and outstanding camera, and over the years Apple has lagged behind the myriad of different droid options.

Android is much better.

Apple deliberately slowed down their phones to persuade users to upgrade, The cost is ridiculous.

I have a 5 year old Xperia which still works fine and is still fast to use.

My Google Pixel 6 is better than any iPhone and has a brilliant camera

Userlevel 1

Apple because you can sync your data over between the phones just my tapping them together

I’m very happy with my iphone… I recently upgraded to a 13 mini and absolutely loving it!

🍏📱 Apple for me! I think both have their benefits, however, I find Apple so easy to work with for both personal and business! 

Userlevel 1

I-Phones are too expensive. I always have had Samsung Android phones and they do everything I need.

Apple for me but it really comes down to what works for you I am used to Apple and when given an android work phone I found it a challenge so for me I am just used to Apple both offer great performance though 

Userlevel 1

I’ve always been team iPhone when I got the iPhone 3GS and I found it so easy to use and also looked good.

but my ex boyfriend 🤬 convinced me to get an android because he hated iPhones, so as an idiot I got an android phone and I hated it, I was hard to use and the screen was awful.

so I got rid of the android phone and got rid of him and got myself a iPhone again.

I WILL ALWAYS BE IPHONE NOW 🙂

As with anything you buy people tend to stick to what they know. I started off on Android many years ago dictated by my bank balance but over the years have switched to Apple and would never go back. I like the ease of use with my iPhone and feel that security is much better designed and dealt with. Apple have some restrictions with their phones as to what you can and cannot do but none of this affects the way I use it. My only gripe with any phone, be it Apple or Android, is that I feel the manufacturers put a shelf life on the phone by not continuing updates of the software after a certain amount of time which basically pushes you into having to buy an updated phone. Would we be without them? No so just have to keep digging into that endless pocket 

Userlevel 1

I prefer Apple as it is simple to use and can copy all on different Apple devices. It is virus free and the after sales care is amazing. Yes, it is more expensive but the after care and access for advice is worth a lot for peace of mind. 

Userlevel 1

in my opinion i much prefer to go for apple as their products are much more reliable and comfortable in your hands. the storage and graphics are much better. i also find it is more simple to work. as the prices may be high they are worth every penny. i have never had any issues with iphones, whereas with androids i have had a number of issues. if i won the competition i would personally pick apple. maybe an iphone 13 pro. 

Apple 

I've recently moved from iOS to Android and to be honest,  I don't mind either. Both are really good at what they do. 

Userlevel 2

Android v Apple that’s easy for me Android with their easy uncluttered user interface, quality screen and superb camera is the winner every time. The best choice all day is Android.

Userlevel 1

in my opinion i much prefer to go for apple as their products are much more reliable and comfortable in your hands. the storage and graphics are much better. i also find it is more simple to work. as the prices may be high they are worth every penny. i have never had any issues with iphones, whereas with androids i have had a number of issues. if i won the competition i would personally pick apple. maybe an iphone 13 pro. 

I agree Joe. I wouldn’t have any other brand. 

Userlevel 2

I used to work for an apple contract and was told that the operating systems for Apple were designed to be 'stupid people proof'. I've never liked the clinically clean white of Apple nor the attitude of the company.

Android however is basically a computer and has alot more customisat ability. 

I'll be sticking with android phones untill we have a more advanced alternative.

Thanks 

Userlevel 2

iPhone!

I prefer samsung s21 ultra according to each and every angle compared to iphones as samsung s21 bigger in screen size good touch sensitivity exceeds camera quality also have zooming lens which is best feauture and besides this samsung u can install any apps of ur choice multiple apps u can install such dual messenger dual facebook and many others also for phone customisation samsung is excellent u can setup any themes and wallpapers in samsung store unlimited app dual sim card slot option also available so these are the main things which i suggest samsung s21  ultra is much better than iphone can beat iphone thanks

Userlevel 1

I have always had Android phone wouldn't use any other phone . It is more easy to understand . Never liked I Phones

Userlevel 1

I think for me, it’s iPhone. Solely because of the well integrated eco-system. Everything is so perfectly in sync all the time and just works effortlessly. I’d really be lost without that ease of use. 

if I had to change away from iPhone id have to get a new watch, iPad, laptop and earbud to keep truly in sync. 

I've always been an Android owner.

I respect that Apple phones are well made, and very slick in operation, but I prefer the freedom that Android gives to customise the UI and install software.

Also Apple phones are expensive by comparison - you can get very good Android phones for a fraction of the price.

I just wish there was a modern phone with a decent physical keyboard, as I've been using Blackberry android phones for the last few years and these are now no longer being made. If Apple made one I'd definitely switch to Apple!

Why iD Mobile?