Who's Your Champion? Apple vs. Android - Competition

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

That... decade old question, which is better? Android or iPhone? Whichever side you are on we want to know why your side is better. Maybe it's the iPhone's design and ease of use? Or perhaps Android’s flexibility and roster of devices wins out for you?

Those who share their thoughts will be in with the chance to win... a brand new Android phone or Apple iPhone!

The competition ends at 23:59 on 22nd April 2022, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

Let the battle commence!

T&C’s apply.

Good luck!

142 replies

Android all day long, easier to use, greater range of products and much better value for money. Never had any problems with any android phone. 

Userlevel 1

Apple all the way have had iPhones since the iPhone 3 but use an Samsung for work but prefer Apple 🍎🍏🍎🍏🍎🍏🍎🍏🍎🍏🍎📱📱📱

I could never afford an apple phone but I've always found android phones to do everything I need in a phone and with my Huawei I get great photos as well

I’ve stuck with Android for most of my mobile phone life so that gets my vote.

Userlevel 1

Stuck by android phones for some time and eventually changed over to get access to face time. Our family spread throught country so face time a boon in keeping contact. 

Would still prefer to have android but until Apple release access to facetime i’m/we’re all stuck with iPhones.

Userlevel 1

After being on the apple bandwagon in the early days from IPhone 3g I soon grow to tire of the same old design phone every year, plus the cost didn't warrant the features. I think their latest advert goes to show they are running out of ideas as all it states is "now I'm green" wow ground breaking 😜.

Android has always been good for me, from the great photo app to the speed and hardware variations in design. Android also has a phone for all budgets unlike apple.

Userlevel 1

My children like apple, I like android, I think it just depends on what get you used to .  Some people don’t want to change, to have to learn how to use a different type of phone

Android, whilst there may be a software monopoly & least there isn't a device monopoly 

Both Android and Apple have their own place in the spread of User requirements.

Apple is a User-centric option, with little flexibility, and fixed into the Apple-scape which allows for better OS support, but is much more resticted in what you can do with it. This means that it is a true end-user device. The big issue with Apple is the sheer astronomic cost of the devices, and the sunsetting of swarths of functionality in a short timeframe.

Andriod, however, gives a much richer environment, with ultimate flexibility, and without the tendancy to drop functions for mere marketing reasons. In my family I have both Apple Users and Android adepts. Both groups appear to be able to make great phone calls - which is the reason d etre’ of mobile phones.

Personally, I started with Apple, but am much more comfortable with my Samsung Android S20 5G. What more does one need 😎

Android

seems to me like android phones have a longer lifetime: had an iphone that died just as the 1 year warranty ended, replaced it with a pixel that is still alive and working perfectly fine after more than 3 years...

Userlevel 1

I have always been an android kind of girl, refusing to bow down to the high prices and limited choice of Apple although I have to admit.. after using me friends new Apple iPhone recently, I may also be a convert soon :) 

As with anything you buy people tend to stick to what they know. I started off on Android many years ago swayed by my bank balance, or rather lack of it 😁but over the years have switched to Apple and would never go back. I like the ease of use with my iPhone and feel that security is much better designed and dealt with. I love the way all data and apps are transferred when you get a new phone. Apple are always looking for ways to make things easier. I also love my Apple I watch - so obviously need my trusty iPhone.  Apple have some restrictions with their phones as to what you can and cannot do but none of this affects the way I use it. My partner has the Samsung, but I think my iPhone is much easier to use. I love the fact they have mini versions - as I have tiny hands and these suit me down to the ground! My only gripe with any phone, be it Apple or Android, is that I feel the manufacturers put a shelf life on the phone by not continuing updates of the software after a certain amount of time which basically pushes you into having to buy an updated phone. Would we be without them? No so just have to keep digging into that endless pocket 

Userlevel 1

For me it has to be Android. Whilst Apple have excellent phones, I’ve always been put off by the need to pay extra for additional storage (well, based on friends usage !), whereas Googles offer always seemed to be more then sufficient for me.

Then with Android you have a choice of handset manufacturers and handsets, whereas with Apple you don’t.

I'm Android all the way. From the apps right down to the usb charging it's a better system.

I'm still on v5 and I've never been refused access to any app I've wanted to use by virtue of being on an older version.... can't say that about older Apples!

I have always had android so I guess that's my choice between the two systems, plus I've always been put off by iPhones having to have apples apps  only 

Prefer the iPhone,since changing from android find it much easier to use.Also find the screen much easier to see in daylight particularly when it’s sunny and think the security is better 

My first smartphone was an iPhone and I stuck with them for a good few years until I switched to a Samsung s8, it was awful! 

I moved straight back to iPhone, but then I could not get used to how boring and simple they are! So I switched over to the Google Pixels and it's so much better! 

Android all the way for me!

Apple are forever charging a fortune and you don't always get to keep your music/videos as the apple library has randomly lost many of my albums over the years. So Android is my choice. A £70-£120 phone and a sim-free low cost ID mobile rolling contract is a no-brainer.

Userlevel 1

I've always gone with android because apple had always been out of budget. Now I am able to afford either, and having owned an ipad, I still think I prefer android as I find it easier to navigate. 

Android every time, far more designs to choose from and you're not tied to Apple products. Apple always seem to copy new features that Android phones bring out.

Userlevel 2

Android definitely but, tbh, I've never had an iPhone so my opinion probably isn't worth much. I think I was put off iPhones by the hype every time a new one came out and by the folk queuing up for hours or even days to get one straight away. I mean, just why?! I've had 3 different Samsungs S6, S8 and now an S20 and I've never been disappointed. They have all had features which I find suit me but I was actually happiest with the S6, it did its job and wasn't too fancy. If it was still supported, I'd probably still have it.

Userlevel 2

Function over fashion for me. I shall stick with Android.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Apple always seem overpriced and not worth the extra,  Huge range of Android from cheap and basic to high end.

Mid-low Android suits us fine

Always used android  but most are now to large for me ,so it's Apple for me next time ,it will please the rest of my family there all Apple 

Userlevel 1

I've had both, but prefer Samsung. It's unlikely I'd switch back to an Apple iPhone!  iPhone has the kudos of brand & style, but never underestimate the screen, cameras and functionality (value) of Samsung 😮

Why iD Mobile?