Question

£25 charge for EU roaming?

• 23 June 2022
  • 7 replies

I have a SIM only contract paying £10/month for unlimited mins, texts and 15GB data. I went to Mallorca for a week last month. My bill now has a £25 charge for EU roaming. I can’t understand why as everything I’ve seen on the ID site suggests roaming is included in the package. I have roaming and international switched on in my account.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does your bill show a breakdown of charges.

The iD fair usage & open data policies means your plan’s data allowance is less when roaming.

See why on the https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy page.

In your case your roaming data allowance was as below:

Did you exceed 7.72GB while in Mallorca (Majorca)?

Thanks for the quick reply. The breakdown on the bill shows total mobile data use of 833.95 MB whilst in the EU. I don’t understand why that is charged at £25.

Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @David_Cameron, your bill is confusing - looks like iD are trying to obfuscate the charges.

To me, looks like you’ve been charged £25 for 104.90MB on 04-Jun-2022.

But the headline 833.95MB for £25 confuses everything.

Did you use your phone on a ferry?

You can end-up using a satellite based mobile network on a ferry, which are very expensive. 

No we travelled by plane.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, you didn’t travel between the islands while staying in Mallorca (Majorca)?

No, we stayed on the main island the whole time.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, if you were in Mallorca on 4th June 2022, then you’ll need to speak to an iD agent so they can look at your account and explain the £25 data charges on that day.

Get in-touch in real-time using the iD Live Chat service.
If the chat doesn't work on your smartphone, then try another device like a tablet, iPad or laptop.

You can also chat to iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

Just remember that the iD agents work between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends. Outside these times you’ll get an automated reply.

Good luck!

Why iD Mobile?