Solved

5 Minute Call Time Limit

• 6 April 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
I cant seem to make calls any longer than 5 minutes, the call gets cut off every time.
I have contacted ID and they say they don't set a limit.
I have checked my phone (IPhone 5) and I cant see anywhere on there that sets a limit.
Any ideas please?
icon

Best answer by MohamedF 6 April 2018, 18:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Scott,
We do have a call limit but it is set to 60 mins not to 5 mins. I am sorry to read that we gave you the wrong advise. Please contact our customer services so that they can investigate the issue you are facing.

Mohamed
Userlevel 1
Ok, cool, yeah 60 minutes is understandable but 5 minutes is no good.
Will get in touch.
Thank you.
Userlevel 1
Hi Scott,
thought of letting you know that you can get in touch with on social media:

facebook.com/idmobileuk/
twitter.com/id_mobile_uk

or through chatting to one of our agents online on
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

That might be faster and easier from calling :)

hope that helps.

Mohamed
Userlevel 1
I have tried to contact via chat, but it says you are closed :-(
I see your opening times should be 9 to 6 today........
Will try again on Monday.
Userlevel 1
Hi Scott,
that's strange. I will escalate now internally to see what's the problem.
Userlevel 3
Hi @scottv8, I've been chatting to someone online today, it was busy for a while so I kept getting the unavailable message.

May need to keep checking back.

Good luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have tried to contact via chat, but it says you are closed :-(
I see your opening times should be 9 to 6 today........
Will try again on Monday.

Hi Scottv8 I've dropped you a PM, can you check this for me and get back to me there?

Mohammed
Userlevel 4
The iPhone is a grey area for me since the last time I've used one is since the iPhone 5.

Firstly try using 4G as Data Only without the VoLTE.

Go to Settings/Cellular/Cellular Data Options/Enable LTE and select DATA ONLY

I would think that it could be a possibility that the 4G VoLTE does not seamless integrate by dropping to 3G when there is no 4G signal available. If this is the case, you can alternatively try using the phone only on WCDMA/HSPDA (3G).

It could also be something to do with 'demo iPhones' or an application that is potentially using the dialler could be causing something. I'd suggest (I know you would hate it) an fresh firmware install, as some previous carrier settings may be overriding the carrier preferences provided by iD as well?

Honestly, not too knowledgeable so I'd suggest any advice that the people over at iD will give 🙂

Before doing anything extreme like wiping the iPhone from scratch, do backup and follow recommended advice as this is just speculation for me at the moment. Try the 4G cellular changes as you can't loose anything over that.

This is honestly a workaround to disable VoLTE and I wouldn't recommend this as a 'fix'. This does need investigation.

Why iD Mobile?