Question

5G availability on Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

Hello

I received an email today saying 5G is being made available to ID users and it listed smartphones that would be able to use 5G.

My 5G capable Xiaomi Mi 10T lite isn’t on that list - does this mean that even though I may be in a ID 5G broadcast area I won’t be able to connect with this particular 5G phone?

Thanks

N

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @yorkiebar 

Although the  Xiaomi Mi 10T lite has the hardware to make it 5G compatible, we have been advised that the  Xiaomi Mi 10T lite may not have access to our 5G network initially as the phone has not yet been tested with our 5G, but we hope to bring 5G to this phone as soon as possible. You can keep up to date with our list of phones that are currently able to access our 5G network here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

-Mohsin

The Xiaomi Mi 10T lite 5G meets all the required international standards for 5G connectivity across all 5G networks in the UK. It doesn’t need testing.

That IDMobile won’t let it connect to 5G is without doubt a marketing ploy by the company. Why let me on my £6/month contract connect to 5G with my own 5G capable phone when it wants to sell me a phone for £43.99/month for 24 months with a £149 up front fee.

In fact I see you’re selling the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G on monthly contract but no 5G availability on ID. The same phone is sold by Three with 5G connectivity working on its network so the ‘untested’ reply isn’t quite true is it.

Honesty pays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @yorkiebar,

I believe you may have misunderstood what we’re trying to advise.

We have a list of tested and confirmed phones that work on our network. These devices should work without any issue and when 5G releases, any 5G compatible phone used in a 5G area that’s on our compatible list should have no issues with using this.

For any device that is not on our compatible list, we can’t guarantee this, however, generally speaking it may work.

We’re working on updating our 5G compatible phones.

You could test this yourself, as I said above, it may still work, we just can’t guarantee it or provide support on troubleshooting to get it to work if it doesn’t as it’s not on the approved list of handsets we’ve tested.

Honesty does pay and we’re not sure how much more honest we can be here as we’re trying to be as transparent as possible. 

The rollout of a new spectrum is a big undertaking and there are multiple variables that need to be looked into. 

Every handset is different which will require testing in some cases.

I can only but apologise if I could not be of any further help.

Mohammed

Thank you for replying but you’ve misunderstood my questioning.

IDMobile sells the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G on monthly contract but without 5G connectivity. The same phone is sold by Three but with 5G connectivity. IDMobile = Three.

It therefore follows that it can only be IDMobile’s marketing strategy that prevents a user of the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G using 5G on its network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @yorkiebar,

As per the 5G topic and advice from myself and my colleague, we’re still in the process of testing handsets and more handsets will be added to the list once it’s fully confirmed.

5G is currently only very limited to a few places in city centres and no where near as accessible as 4G or 3G for the like.

You can keep an eye on the compatibility list.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi all i have a  Xiaomi  mi  10 t lite 5g and it works very well on id mobile i tried it the other day in a 5g area near me i also get wifi calling as the wifi calling icon pops up now and again on my phone. you can test this by putting your phone in Airplane mode then  just putt  Wifi on and you should be able to make and receive calls ok i can. but be careful in 5g area i did two speed test and it downloaded at 386 mps but it used just short of  1 gig of Data lol not to worry but im not sure about 4g calling i don't get any icon when on a 4g call but i think it works i just think the last phone update from Xiaomi removed the 4g lite icon for some reason hope this as is of interest to some Xiaomi  mi  10 t lite   owner's 

I also have a xaomi Mi 10 lite & 5g works perfectly in my local area with speeds varying from 510 to 200 Mbts ! Quite amazing !

Userlevel 1

Hi jonncope Do you get any icon for 4glite calling on yours when you're not on WiFi ? And on a call ? 

Never noticed ,but I'll keep an eye open for it !

Userlevel 1

Yes when you're  out doors  on 4g were vowifi comes up in mine use to say volite but that went off after miui update but looking at the phone log it's does say 4g calling when I tested on I'd mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi all i have a  Xiaomi  mi  10 t lite 5g and it works very well on id mobile i tried it the other day in a 5g area near me i also get wifi calling as the wifi calling icon pops up now and again on my phone. you can test this by putting your phone in Airplane mode then  just putt  Wifi on and you should be able to make and receive calls ok i can. but be careful in 5g area i did two speed test and it downloaded at 386 mps but it used just short of  1 gig of Data lol not to worry but im not sure about 4g calling i don't get any icon when on a 4g call but i think it works i just think the last phone update from Xiaomi removed the 4g lite icon for some reason hope this as is of interest to some Xiaomi  mi  10 t lite   owner's 

Hey @Johnlightbulb,

We’d record usage for every 1MB used, so it’s odd this is showing as such. It may not have updated to show the usage due to how fast 5G uses data which I suspect may be why.

Are you on an unlimited plan? Might be good to switch over to one if you’re using 5G just to avoid eating up data fast.

Can’t wait till I get 5G in my local area, the speeds people are getting make me envious!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Don't know what happened to upload speed sure it should be more than that 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Johnlightbulb,

The connection to the hosting server may have possibly not been the best at the time of doing the test but at least those download speeds look great!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?