Question

5G on an existing contract

• 24 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

If I were to order a 5G ready phone on a monthly contract now when 4G is not available apparently, would I have to pay more mid contract to get 5G when it becomes available?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m also interested in the answer to this, was the reason I came here

Userlevel 1

It would be interesting to know just when 5G will be activated. It's been available direct from Three for ages.

Userlevel 1

It would be interesting to know just when 5G will be activated. It's been available direct from Three for ages.

Literally SAME. It’s a bit of dealbreaker for me, too. I thought they piggyback off Three’s network, but clearly not with 5G. I may think about cancelling my brand new contract with iD Mobile if I don’t get clarity soon

Userlevel 1

Literally SAME. It’s a bit of dealbreaker for me, too. I thought they piggyback off Three’s network, but clearly not with 5G. I may think about cancelling my brand new contract with iD Mobile if I don’t get clarity soon

Agreed, I actually moved to ID from a Three contract, I didn't expect to have something like 5G missing (and apparently no plan on when they are going to get it), considering ID have had 4G Calling and WiFiCalling for so long.

I’m only on a 30 day contract so if this doesn't change I'll be away.

I must also say, I'm quite disappointed at the lack of interaction by ID Mobile staff in this Community, especially considering the way the Twitter staff push people to the Community when asking questions there.

Userlevel 1

Agreed, I actually moved to ID from a Three contract, I didn't expect to have something like 5G missing (and apparently no plan on when they are going to get it), considering ID have had 4G Calling and WiFiCalling for so long.

I’m only on a 30 day contract so if this doesn't change I'll be away.

I must also say, I'm quite disappointed at the lack of interaction by ID Mobile staff in this Community, especially considering the way the Twitter staff push people to the Community when asking questions there.

I’ve done the same. Been with Three for years and find it weird how they use Three network but haven't switched on 5G yet. Makes no sense. I have 14 days to make up my mind, really. I would have stayed with Three if they matched the deal I got here.

The interaction is poor, yes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

5G Is still being looked into but the Covid-19 situation hasn’t helped. As soon as any information regarding this becomes available, we’ll post it on our pages. As we’re an MVNO, we use Three UK’s masts for coverage, but 5G is a new service and wouldn’t be part of our current agreement with them. This is my guess only, but I could see that being a factor as to why it’s not happened yet. 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?