Solved

800MHZ (Band 20)

• 8 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi all

Just jumped onto another network that doesnt have 800MHZ band 20 coverge for 4g which has completely killed my indoor connection, ive seen 4g co uk site suggest 800mhz is covered but it also claimed that for my current supplier which turned out to be false after conacting them. Can anyone just double confirm 800mhz 4g works so i can have the indoor coverage i need?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Will 24 July 2020, 17:16

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Kurtph1969 

That particular mast has had congestion issues since 17/07/20 right up until today. Looks as though a neighbouring mast is having long term maintenance that is causing a strain at the postcode given.

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kurtph1969 ,

Unfortunately we don’t have any 5G plans at the moment. I would advise to keep an eye out for any updates regarding 5G coming to iD Mobile.

Kash

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Kurtph1969 , what type of areas that you’re in when you’re noticing a drop? Have you any example postcodes?

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @Kurtph1969, they’ve revealed that there has been a lot of work on several masts in that area. Some concluding on 18/07/20 and some on 22/07/20.

When was the last time you tried powering down the handset for a few minutes and then turning it back on? It can often prove very effective after work has been carried out on local masts,

Will

Userlevel 2

Thanks Will, l'll do that.

How about:

FY3 9JW

I noticed it's only for good coverage in Supervoice area but my phone trends to prefer 3G at this location (outside but the way) 

Userlevel 2

Thanks Will, interesting to know.

I'm generally very pleased with Three's coverage and ID is excellent value, so I'll be sticking with the service, at least for now! Dare I ask about plans for 5G? 😁

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @bluev 

iD Mobile is using masts provided by Three netwrok? And they do support Band 20 but... Coverage in my house isn't good at all but outdoors I get 4G+ in some spots. I rely heavily on iD Mobile WiFi Calling feature in the house which was like a dream for me. You can maybe go to Ofcom website and look at the Coverage Checker. I find it the most reliable of them all. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 2

Hi,

My understanding is that ID uses the same bands as Three i.e. (edit: for 4G)

800MHz (Band 20)

1800MHz (Band 3)

2100MHz (Band 1)

(This info from 4g.co.uk. It also mentions 1400MHz for Three but my phone doesn't support this band).

I'm now noticing 'Supervoice' (VoLTE) available on ALL bands (previously, this was only available on Band 20). However, my phone still drops back to HSDPA+ in many areas (though I'm unsure why this would be?)

Obviously, 800MHz coverage depends on your location. Check the coverage on the Three website. As I mentioned above, Three's Supervoice coverage used to be an indication of 800MHz coverage (as that was the only band that they broadcasted Supervoice on), however, this may have changed now.

Could someone from ID Mobile tech support please confirm what bands ID are currently using?

Thank you.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Kurtph1969 , what type of areas that you’re in when you’re noticing a drop? Have you any example postcodes?

Will

Here you go:

LA23 1AJ and LA1 1YN. My phone supports Supervoice but falls back to a 3G signal at these locations.

Why iD Mobile?