Solved

A20e screen rotation

• 7 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I've had a Samsung A20e for some time now.  The screen has suddenly stopped rotating when I turn the phone on its side.

I tried the normal thing  - swipe down, to get a list of options that should include "screen rotate". At least it used to - that option is no longer there.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks, Marc 

icon

Best answer by darcmarc 8 March 2021, 22:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @darcmarc,

Try swiping down the menu then you should have an edit button at the top of the menu.

If you tap this, it’ll show all the icons available from a list. 

You can then find the auto rotate icon and tap and hold it and drag it to the menu again. 

You can then turn it on and it should work.

This video explains it much better visually!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed. 

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem.  When I swipe down I don't see an edit option - screenshots below.

Thanks 

Marc

Userlevel 1

And if I swipe left from there…

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Try tapping the 3 dots in the top right corner when you swipe down. This should show as one of the options I hope.

If that doesn’t let you edit, then you can tap and hold on an icon in your dropdown menu.

Let us know if either of these works.

Which handset is this you’re using?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi

It's a Samsung A20E. 

When I tap the three dots I see this.  I tried those options, it does allow me to add three buttons that aren't already on the screen, but none of them is Screen Rotate.

Marc

Userlevel 1

So, you see that greyed-out button marked "Portrait" on the top row of the first screenshot?

If you press it, it changes to "Screen rotate".

Done!

Thanks for the help

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @darcmarc,

We’re glad that is now sorted! 🙂 I use a Samsung myself so I was going to suggest that option before seeing your last comment.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?