Solved

Accidental Add-on purchase

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Extremely disappointed at the lack of transparency and support from ID Mobile.

I accidently purchased an add-on earlier this month. I ensured I did not and still have not used it in order to have the add-on refunded.  When I got through to customer services they told me it was non-refundable.

I requested the terms and conditions and the section they wished to rely on. The terms were sent quickly, but the section still was not sent after an hour. Then the chat was cancelled and I received a new agent who pointed me to section 5.2 and 5.9.

5.2 You shall pay us the Charges, in consideration of receiving the Services, in accordance with Clause 12 below.

[12.3 You must pay to us all the Charges arising under this Agreement whether incurred by you or anyone else using your Mobile Device and/or SIM Card with or without your knowledge at the times and in the manner set out in this Agreement even when such Charges exceed any Credit Limit imposed upon your account.]

5.9 You must not use the Services for any improper, immoral, obscene, defamatory, harmful, offensive or unlawful purpose. You must comply with any instructions we give you about the Services and, unless agreed otherwise, you must not reverse the charges on any telephone call or accept a reverse charged call.

Section 5.2

This section discusses charges made on your account must be paid for, and linked subsection states that whether this purchase is made by you or someone else (12.3 included above for ease).

Section 5.9

This section sys you must comply with instructions about Services, however there were no instructions that this add-on was non-refundable. Therefore, this could not be a condition I am expected to comply with.

Subsequently, the sections given have no bearing on my situation as currently everything points to the charge being removed and refunded or at least put as credit for a future bill. 

I then asked to be put through to the complaints team. I heard from them promptly (the next day). They told me that the purchase was non-refundable and that this was stated before the purchase is made.

I asked for them to show me. They said they could not access the account and would call me back. They did not. I received a text saying there had been an update and I should call with a number. I have called this number multiple times and have been left on hold. I then got in touch via the live chat and requested a call and was told I would be called. I have not. I tried to get in touch today again via the chat and every chat has been ended before the issue resolved.

Although, I deeply disagree with policy if this is the case it should be easily accessible and clear to see that it is non-refundable. I have checked all over and have been unable to see anywhere it states this.

Including the complete guide below, which includes everything but the fact it is non-refundable.

Not only am I dissatisfied with the service, I believe it to be completely wrong that a charge for an unused service can be purchased in error without any terms stipulating otherwise that it cannot be refunded.

I look forward to hearing a response regarding this issue as this has left a very bad impression of the business with me.

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 22 February 2021, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Oyinade 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message regarding this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Hi @Oyinade 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message regarding this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

This matter should have been dealt with in the open forum not in private, as it’s an important matter that could affect many customers, as it affects me and I’d like to know how it was resolved, as it should always be resolved to the customers satisfaction, not the suppliers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @NOSwizard 

In cases where we need to look at someones account specifically, and take a few personal details to do that; then a private message would be needed.

Nevertheless, we have sent you a private message on the back of your own separate iD Community post you made so that we can have someone look at your account if you’ve replied to our message and provided the details requested there.

Why iD Mobile?