Question

Account set up as Fraud

Just received a letter from ID Mobile for a final demand notice of payment. I have never dealt with ID mobile or set up an account. Approximately one month ago several phone contracts were taken out in my name. I have rectified the issue with the other phone companies who cancelled the accounts and updated my credit file appropriately. I believe this account was set up at a similar time to the other accounts 28 April 2021. I have filed several reports on action fraud as well as one for this.

Ref Number:XXXXXXXXXXX

I tried contacting IDmobile customer services over the phone which was unsuccessful and can not find any other route of communication, hence this query. I tried Carphone Warehouse customer services who said I should contact IDmobile. Therefore, I have a letter asking for payment of an account that was not set up by myself and no way to flag this fraud. Please can someone set me up with the appropriate fraud team to get this sorted. Poor service if you ask me, all other companies had a fraud team who contacted me over the phone and dealt with the issue.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @bruno83,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to get this logged appropriately for you.

Will

Hi - I have not used ID Mobile but have received a letter today in my name and address referring to a DD set up. - The bank and sort code details are not mine but obviously I am concerned that my ID has been used to make a purchase.

I have contacted Action Fraud and have a Crime number that I will pass on if someone could PM me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Paul Singleton,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?