Solved

Answer Phone Service broken and no-one at ID is fixing this

• 29 October 2019
  • 7 replies

I’ve had an issue with my Answer Service for a few weeks where if someone phones me and it goes to the Answer Service, instead of getting my recorded message, they get a message saying “You have reached your answer phone, select 1 to leave a message or 2 to check your messages”. Either option then asks you to enter the phone number… 

Despite contacting ID helpdesk on several occasions over nearly 3 weeks, no-one has been able to fix this issue.  Even worse, on each time I contact ID, they promise me someone will get back to me and as of yet, no-one has.

This is frustrating that I have the problem in the first place but the fact no-one can be bothered to even contact me to try and sort out the issue is really disappointing.

Can anyone help me???

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 5 November 2019, 13:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @garyp

We’re sorry to hear about your issue, it’s definitely not a common one. Is this happening with anyone that calls you, or is it just the one person who is coming across this message?

Ryan

With everyone...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @garyp,

Have you tried turning OFF Voicemail and then turning this back ON?

Have you recently joined our network and ported your number over?

Mohammed

Ref: 158221196

Despite yet again contacting ID last Thursday 31st, going through all the same questions and details about the issue, promising someone from technical support would contact me… Nothing

If you would like to check the above reference number, all the details should be on there, I have given them at least 3 times now

It would be nice if anyone can just update me on the problem rather than hiding behind front line support all the time

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello@garyp,

We’re limited with what we can provide here as we’re only able to troubleshoot the problem with no account access from this platform.

If however, you email us on we’ll take a look at the notes left by our Tech Team.

Please include a link to this topic.

I’m going to mark this topic as solved as the resolution is to contact us since we’ve been unable to resolve this via the Community. 

Mohammed

So once again, the onus is passed back to me. 

So I have to send a message to an ID email  account… why???  Don’t departments within ID talk to each other.

Why have to marked this as SOLVED when clearly you have just passed the buck.  At worse you should be saying “We have passed your problem onto our CommunitySupport and are awaiting their advice”

Extremely disappointed at the continued poor support from ID.  Now nearly 4 weeks since first contacted them about the issue and still no-one has got back to me to even suggest they are taking my issue seriously and attempting to find an answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Why have to marked this as SOLVED when clearly you have just passed the buck.  At worse you should be saying “We have passed your problem onto our CommunitySupport and are awaiting their advice”

Hello @garyp,

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way.

I’m going to mark this topic as solved as the resolution is to contact us since we’ve been unable to resolve this via the Community. 

Mohammed

As above, this was marked as solved as the solution is to email us so we can provide further support.

Our Team here also manages the Community Support email.

We cannot request account information on the Community and we don’t require any advice here. We’re asking you to email so we can get some account-related information which we can otherwise not get from you here. This should then allow us to look into this further.

Please get in touch with us via Email and we’ll pick this up.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?