App suggestions for the Google Home?

• 27 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey,

Just bought myself a new Google Home Mini. Thank you Black Friday deals! 🙌

Does anybody know of any good apps I can use with it? I've already connected it up to the Weather and Spotify, but want to see what else I can connect it up to 📱

Cheers,
Ed

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Three choices choices for me are

Uber - if you need any transport
Philips Hue - if you would like to invest in smart bulbs or anything offered with Hue family.
IFTTT - this is amazing app which can allow to create your own customer events in certain situations. You can learn more about it here if you would like to tweak a bit within the app.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Hikari, didn't realise it could connect to Uber.

Thinking about getting a Google Chromecast for it, so that i can connect it to the TV?

Have you done this? Is there any other way i can get it to control my TV and Netflix account?
Userlevel 4
Most definitely Spotify! I use it all the time instead of playing it via my phone or laptop. Background music definitely helps me to concentrate!

You do need either Chromecast or a TV with Chromecast built into it to use Netflix. The Netflix website has a how-to guide here which I found helpful.

Rebecca
Userlevel 1
Where to start!
I have 4 of these around my home and love them.
Try saying call and then a name in your Google phone book.
It will connect you for a chat.

Invest some more in lightwaverf devices and automate your home lighting and heating using voice control.

Add more speakers around your home and use them as an intercom using the broadcast command.

Add reminders to your Google account and populate your reminders with info.
Then when you say what's my day relevant reminders will be spoken. Eg take out blue bin.

Use add to shopping list command to add items to your Google shopping list.

Say remember my keys are in the bottom drawer.
Then say where are my keys.

Enjoy
Userlevel 1

Add reminders to your Google account and populate your reminders with info.
Then when you say what's my day relevant reminders will be spoken. Eg take out blue bin.

Use add to shopping list command to add items to your Google shopping list.

Say remember my keys are in the bottom drawer.
Then say where are my keys.

So by the sounds of it, I need to get better use from my Google accounts and that should make the Google home much more useful?

Think investing in the lightwaverf might be a future step, as I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

@IanDroid Do you have any of the other Google devices, or are they all Google Home Mini's? Interested to see what additional features you get from the more premium versions.

Thanks!

Why iD Mobile?