Solved

Authentification text message code (OTP) not being received

• 28 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

My French bank has recently introduced a OTP (authentification text message system) in order for customers to access their internet banking accounts. Unfortunately my mobile is unable to receive and display the code.

I have been a customer of iDmobile for some years, so the problem is not one caused by transfer from another provider. The bank tells me they send out the codes as ‘foreign commercial messages'. They have confirmed that the mobile number they hold is correct. Could you please send me a PM to take the issue forward to a resolution.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 July 2022, 15:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does your French bank allow you to store your iD Mobile number as 44 7xxx xxx xxx?

You’d assume the bank knows you’re not in France, and uses correct country code - but, if SMS side of their service for 2FA / OTP is outsourced, who knows.

FYI, communication with iD Mobile will be quicker through their facebook page or Twitter page.
The iD agents on social media work until 8pm weekdays.

If you don’t want to use online chat, then it’s quicker to handle enquiries like this via one of iD Mobile’s social media platforms - good luck.

Userlevel 1

I have confirmed that my bank has the correct +44 number. But whether it has been accurately input to their system - who knows? Information about contacting id Mobile via other channels is very useful. Thanks

Why iD Mobile?