Solved

"Available from...." does not mean the phone is available. BEWARE

• 29 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I paid upfront and set up a direct debit for a phone which was flagged as “available from 24/11/2020”.

I waited to hear about the phone and then decided to try to contact iD mobile. This was not easy. I posted a comment here which has had a nominal reply after a few days. I then looked for a contact phone number and there isn’t one. I found that the chat was the only way. It took me many attempts to get in the queue and fifty minutes’ waiting once I did so to connect to an agent.

I found out that when iD said my phone was ‘available’ they meant I could pay for it today (but not get it). The agent did a good job of trying to sell me two other phones before admitting that the phone I had paid for was not in stock and there was no expected delivery date for it

I cancelled the order and was told that I would have to contact Carphone Warehouse to collect the refund for the payment I had made for the handset upfront. This meant a phone call and approximately ten more minutes. I still haven’t got my money back and the experience was very frustrating.

I think I was mis-sold this handset and I would like to make others aware of the unusual definitions of ‘available’ used by this company.

icon

Best answer by Will 6 December 2020, 17:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @p33t,

That’s not true. When we say “Available from”, that’s an expected delivery date. Sometimes stock issues with our suppliers means we don’t get the handsets when expected, so the date gets pushed back.

By any chance was your order for a recently released handset such as an iPhone 12?

Regarding your refund, did you place the order through Carphone Warehouse or iD Mobile? If it’s through us, then we’ll make sure you get your money back ASAP.

Will

Why iD Mobile?