Solved

Bad signal, not what ID Mobile promises

• 19 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, I am getting a very bad mobile signal, one or two bars maximum. Calls to mobiles and landlines are breaking up, sound crackly. It is impossible to have a normal conversation. Cannot say when the problem has started but it was quite acceptable in the past.

WiFi calling is enabled. I have restarted the phone and re-inserted the sim (which seems physically fine). Post code SE6 2NE (I am mostly at home or nearby due to the lockdown).

I really need to get this problem resolved.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @AniaOsb 

I can see there is an unplanned outage within your current area. 

Our engineers are working on a fix.

Please could you try switching to 3G to see if this helps? 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi Michelle, 

Thank you for the advice. I switched to "3G only" and the signal strength now between 3 and 4 bars.

Do you know when the issue might be resolved? The problem is ongoing for more then couple of weeks.

Thanks

Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @AniaOsb 

We have not been given a timescale on when the issue is going to be fixed, the current status shows as on going.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi, is there any update, please? 

It has been 3 months and no change. Had to switch from LTE/3G/2G to 3G/2G to have a better signal. As soon as LTE/ is selected, signal drops down to one/two bars, and calls quality is terrible. My partner has exactly the same problem on Three.
According to your coverage checker for SE6 4G coverage is "Excellent".
Not sure what to think, does it means that you are lying to customers about your services?

I have signed the contract in good faith but it seems that id-mobile does not provide services as agreed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @AniaOsb 

We are sorry this issue is still ongoing.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and have the problem escalated to our Network Team. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?