Question

bang head on wall regarding replace ment sim

need a replacement sim card. live chat does not work. cant phone to speak to someone on the phone. why is it so difficult to order replacement sim.

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve never had trouble using the iD customer service by Live Chat, from my Windows 10 laptop and a web browser.

Anyway, you can contact iD Mobile privately by using either their facebook page or Twitter page.
One of these teams will be able to organise a replacement SIM card for you.

You can also get a replacement SIM from Currys, but these cost £5.

Good luck.

live chat does not work on my home PC so don’t come to me with your condescending comments. i really don’t care that you have not had problems. I have since been made aware that there can be problems with this when using windows 10.

there should be a simple way to order a replacement sim on their web site.

anyway an id mobile employee should be contacting me. My god only want a replacement sim.

live chat request rejected see message below received after clicking the live chat link.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 638120042834412705

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This happens when you are signed-in to the iD Community https://community.idmobile.co.uk.

If you sign-out of the iD Community and stay signed-out, the Live Chat should work okay.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Type “talk to a person” after connecting on chat - you’ll avoid the 24/7 bot and get an iD customer service agent.

live chat still does not work for me i have tried again. logged out of everything then logged back in. it still does not work

did get following message

‘We’re aware some customers may be unable to view the Live Chat button on the iD Mobile website.’

maybe try a different browser

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe try this page in a different browser https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

At least the other problem has gone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There also the option to contact iD Mobile privately using either their facebook page or Twitter page.

Either one of these teams will be able to organise a replacement SIM card for you.

thank you for your help, but even link does not work. i will forfeit the £5 tomorrow and go to curry's.

cant believe this website is so bad.

and no help from ID Moblie employee, maybe by tomorrow they will have replied and ordered a replacement sim

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, it’s pants that live chat isn’t working today.

Contacting iD customer service (privately) using their facebook page or Twitter page is a good option when live chat is broken - avoid a journey to Currys and save £5 too.

Anyway, good luck.

just tried twitter but don’t hold out much hope as they advise to contact community website or main website, which i have been doing

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

then logged back in. it still does not work

Thats why it doesn't work for you... You logged back in! Stay logged out.

The error happens when a user puts a tick in the "keep me logged in" option on the community forum. Cookies stored on your computer as a result of that option clash with the main iD Mobile website.

Live chat is working for me:

Why iD Mobile?