Solved

Being billed twice - old SIM only contract not cancelled

• 22 March 2021
  • 9 replies

I upgraded to a monthly contract in November and spoke to a customer services agent to ensure old SIM only contract was cancelled and I’d mistakenly opened a new contract rather than upgrading, so I ended up with a new number as well.  

On ID dashboard details of old contract and mobile number still appear, but I’ve just discovered I’m paying for both contracts.  Can someone help me please?

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 23 March 2021, 11:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @shirleytodd 

Would you like to cancel the old sim-only deal? You can do this through the iD app. Simply log in, go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. Please be aware that we need at least 30 day's notice before your contract ends.

-Mohsin

Thanks Mohsin,

I've done this and cancelled my old plan, but should I be due a refund for the amount paid since November. Also, the dashboard shows my old mobile number and old plan. Will this change automatically to my current details?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @shirleytodd,

Cancelling your old plan will lose your old number, it won’t automatically transfer over to the new plan. Are you wanting the new plan to have you old number?

Will

I already changed my number when I took out the new contract in November. The dashboard still shows my old number and plan, but surely my account number will remain the same?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@shirleytodd Each new plan you take out creates a new account. What exactly is it that you’re trying to do? Do you want to keep your existing iD Mobile number on the new plan?

Thank you,

Rory

I cancelled the direct debit for my SIM only plan.  It was the only way to get your attention! You have sent me an email to recover £6 for this months’ payment.

I spoke to a lady called Farida in your customer call centre in November and asked her to cancel the £6 SIM only plan and replace it with my new monthly contract plan.  Not only has the SIM only plan not been cancelled but the number hasn’t been deactivated.

I have paid £20 for the monthly contract plan, as well as £6 for the SIM only plan.  By my calculations, that means YOU owe ME money.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @shirleytodd,

Best way to get our attention for assistance would be posting here. Cancelling the Direct Debit and not paying your bill would only get the attention of the billing department, or at worst a debt collection agency.

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to ensure one of the plans is closed down properly and that you’e on the tariff you want to be with the number you want to use.

Will

It has come to my attention that I am still being billed from you even though I have no contract with you any more! I would like a refund please!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @laura bullock,

That does sound odd. When and how was it you went about notifying us of your intention to cancel?

Will

Why iD Mobile?