Question

Bereavement need to change account over

• 22 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello 

I need to change my mother's phone contract over as she recently died & the direct debit is going to bounce as the bank account is now frozen. I will also need to unlock the phone if you could send me the code as well please 

Thanks 

Vanessa Pearson

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sorry for your loss @Vanessa Pearson. A member of the ID Mobile forum staff will respond to your query shortly. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Vanessa Pearson,

My condolences for your loss.

We’re unable to change the account name/details but can help process a bereavement request as well as unlocking the device if this is an iPhone.

iPhone’s purchased from us are unlocked to any UK network so it may well already be unlocked.

Let us know if you need help with this and we can send you a message to pick this up.

Mohammed

Hi,

It's not an iPhone it's a pixel Google 4.  I wanted to keep the phone & continue paying for it as the Direct Debit it's on will be cancelled as the bank account is now frozen.  I will need to unlock the phone to use a different SIM card.  If you can send me the PAC number & help with the billing that would be great of if there is something else I need to do?

Kind regards

Vanessa Pearson

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Vanessa Pearson,

The handset won’t be locked to our network, you’ll be free to use any UK network SIM inside it.

Regarding the request for a PAC code, We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?