Solved

Brand New I Phone 6SE screen separating from phone

• 29 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I purchased a new contract for my wife at Xmas time on an I phone 6SE. We noticed almost straight away the phone was switched on and off the lock screen. Then just this week the front screen has came away from the phone in places and the phone won't work properly.
I have looked on the internet and this appears to have happened all over. Some people stating that batteries have swollen causing it to push the screen out.....
Aso it could be very hazardous. We can't switch the phone off as it just comes back on itself!

Can someone comment if they have heard of this before. I presume I can have it replaced. It's literally 5weeks old!

Thanks,
Kevin
icon

Best answer by Gregor 29 January 2019, 18:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @K3VNL

Take your phone to your nearest Carphonewarehouse so they could have a look at it and send it for repair if needed. This should be covered by warranty as it is common issue with this model.

Here is the link regarding returns, cancellation and repairs.

Here is a piece from the page accually mentioning repairs

[h4]Repairs & faulty phones or devices[/h4]
If your phone device develops a fault within 30 days of purchase call 0333 003 7777* and we'll arrange an exchange.
* Calls to this number can be made using your iD inclusive minutes (calls from landlines or other mobile networks may vary). Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality and training purposes.
If your phone device develops a fault after 30 days and is within the warranty period we'll repair it for you through Carphone Warehouse. For full details on how to get your phone device repaired visit Carphone Warehouse's repair page.
If your phone or device has been damaged it can still be repaired but this won't come under the manufacturer's warranty and there will be a charge.
My appreciated with your reply. I am on holiday (listening to my wife complaining daily about her new phone not working) when I get back next week I will call the shop and speak with them.
I purchased it on the carphone website.

Thanks,
Kevin

Why iD Mobile?