Solved

Brand new phone damaged

Userlevel 1
Hi,

My new pay monthly phone came through yesterday (Huawei P30 Lite) and the screen is damaged (mark from pressure).
Will I be able to take it into a carphone warehouse store with proof of purchase for a replacement? Or do I need to call in and arrange

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Gregor 14 August 2019, 11:37

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @Meadey

Just pop in to your local Carphone Warehouse with valid proof of purchase and they will help you to get your replacement, there is no need to call them beforehand.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Hi,

So apparently this isn't the case at all, and here I am 2 weeks later after being sent from store to online 3 times over, still no phone. I'm told I'm still going to be charged for the new contract I don't even have.

Amazing customer service from ID
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Meadey,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to get this issue resolved.

Please can you email us  and we'll investigate this further for you to look into issuing a replacement.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Nice one, another '3-5 business days while we look into your request.' At this point I'd rather burn stacks of cash than give ID my money, but I have emailed.

Cheers!
Userlevel 1
No reply! Nice
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
No reply! Nice

Hello @Meadey,

I'm sorry that we've not been able to reply right away to your email. Please note, we're not a Live Chat service so replies can take up to 5 days. You've only emailed us yesterday and chasing a response the same day. Please allow us some time to reply to your email.

I've now responded and we will pick up further correspondence via email.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
The phone was sent back to you 10 days ago, please do not act like I'm the one being unreasonable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Meadey,

My apologies if I have come across this way as this was not my intention. Simply that our emails do take 3-5 days for a response so please allow us some time to respond before chasing through other channels.

We'll endeavour to resolve your complaint via email as best as we can.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Ok since I still haven't been emailed, for anyone reading:

Phone arrived bent. Was told to go back and forth between store and online 3 times before they finally gave me a returns slip. This took 5 days.

Returned the phone on 17th August, email confirmation from DPD that warehouse received phone on 19th August.

Been told that I will still be charged fully for my new plan even though I'm not using it (because I don't have a phone) Was told to keep using my new sim (even though I'm not on a sim only plan) and that I would be charged for any extra data I used.

I tried cancelling my contract so I didn't have to deal with these people any more but I was told that they can't cancel the contract until they return a new phone.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from this company
Userlevel 1
Still nothing; still being charged.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Meadey,

As advised, to allow up to 3-5 working days for responses.
If you emailed us on the 29th, then 3-5 working days would be next week.

We have, however, replied to your email. If you need further support please reply directly to this channel as opposed to bumping the topic here as we're already dealing with it there.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
@Mohammed

You're not dealing with it at all. I returned the phone almost 2 weeks ago because it was damaged and am still being charged.

Now you've decided to cancel everything completely and still charge me this month, as well as charging more for the upgrade I didn't have

You guys are thieves
Userlevel 1
Long story short.

ID sent me a broken phone.
Took 5 days (and a day off work, between store and online 3 times) to accept a return.
Finally got it sent back and they received the phone 2 days later.

2 weeks later I still have no phone and am still being charged for an upgraded contract.

Today I recieved an email saying they can give me a tiny amount of money off, yet still charge me my next bill for a contract I couldn't use!

Stay away from this company if you can, customer service is dog shit
Userlevel 1
Long story short.

ID sent me a broken phone.
Took 5 days (and a day off work, between store and online 3 times) to accept a return.
Finally got it sent back and they received the phone 2 days later.

2 weeks later I still have no phone and am still being charged for an upgraded contract.

Today I recieved an email saying they can give me a tiny amount of money off, yet still charge me my next bill for a contract I couldn't use!

Stay away from this company if you can, customer service is dog shit
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Meadey,

I've moved your other posts into this topic due to them relating to the same issue.

Please refrain from creating new topics on the community that relate to the same issue.

Mohammed

I've also received a damaged Huawei p30 lite. Due to covid all stores are closed. Call centres are closed. What can I do? I can't return the phone as I need a replacement to transfer everything over too. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Nickicola 

Sorry to hear this.

I have sent you a direct message with more details. 

Regards

Aklima

Where do I find this direct message? 

Why iD Mobile?