Solved

broken home button

• 27 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
So I dropped my phone, just a regular drop from around waist height as I’m sure everyone does, and when I picked it up my phone restarted which I thought was a little odd. Next thing I know it is telling me my home button doesn’t work and I can no longer use Touch ID or the button its self. I have had the IPhone 7 for just over a year which is why I am posting on here. I was wondering what I can do because I cannot afford to be spending hundreds of pounds to get it repaired by apple as I am already paying for the phone itself on a 24 month contract. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
icon

Best answer by Gregor 27 August 2019, 15:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hello @MyPhonesbrokeandimstillpaying

Did you try checking with Carphone Warehouse? They might be able to fix it for you cheaper than Apple. Here is the link for more details.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @MyPhonesbrokeandimstillpaying,

If you've dropped your handset which has damaged the phone, this wouldn't be covered under the warranty.
You can however, as @Hikari advised, pop into your local store for a quote on a chargeable repair.

Our Repairs Centre (who the store would send off the phone to) are manufacturer approved.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I would just like to know what is wrong with it as I’ve got a feeling it is something coming loose within the phone as I have looked into it and it is coming back as that. But I feel like if I took it into a shop they would just send it off and I’d be charged for a whole new screen when mine is barely touched.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @MyPhonesbrokeandimstillpaying,

You could take it to the store for a quote on the repair.

We would not complete the chargeable repair until you've confirmed you're happy to proceed and wish to log this in.

But if you just want the fault diagnosing, your best bet is to take it to Apple directly and get them to run a diagnostics test.
From there, you'll get a report of the fault and what needs fixing.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thankyou @Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?