Solved

broken phone

• 3 February 2021
  • 16 replies

My daughter's phone is broken . It is on an Id mobile contract. It says she can't upgrade until June 2021. Can you email me with information about what I can do as obviously paying for a phone she can't use. It's not broken screen or anything like that the phone is just not working. Screen is going mad and you can't do anything on it. 

icon

Best answer by Will 4 February 2021, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sarah Johncock,

If you can reply to our Private Message, we can assist you in bringing your plan to an end.

Will

We will need to pay to cancel the contract and transfer the number to a new provider as we want a new device ..she thinks it fell off her desk at school so although screen not broken it's shocked it to the side so won't be under warranty 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Can I pay to cancel the contract please so I can leave and get a new phone with another provider 

Hello @Sarah Johncock,

You can do what @Leverz  suggested but if you still want to cancel, I’ll PM you anyway so we can confirm how much it’ll cost to cancel.

Though we do recommend getting it repaired if it isn’t physically damaged as the handset is under warranty and it’s disappointing you’d be willing to pay to get a new device when you should be able to get yours repaired for free under warranty (again, providing the handset isn’t physically damaged).

Please check your PMs.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

You do know you can buy a new phone on Amazon etc. Just pick up an unlocked phone and put the sim in.

Can I pay to cancel the contract please so I can leave and get a new phone with another provider 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sarah Johncock 

You are still within 24 months Manufacturers Warranty, so Huawei can repair this fault if there is no physical damage on the phone. We would advise contacting Huawei directly and book your phone in for repair through them.

-Mohsin

August 2019. Huawei p smart 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sarah Johncock,

Have you checked your iD Account to see if you’re eligible to upgrade yet?

Edit: Sorry, just seen on the first post that you advised you have. Unfortunately you’re unable to upgrade earlier than the date given there.

Are you able to advise the make and model of the handset please and let us know how long you’ve had it?

Will

Sorry I didn't realise you were not an employee.didnt look at name. Frustrating as ever not being able to phone them or speak to anyone 

Userlevel 1

FYI, if you look at my name, you will see that I’m not flagged as an ID employee, but I would be surprised if they let you upgrade early.

If you do not ask a professional to look at it, you don’t know how much it would cost to repair.

You other option is just to buy a new phone.

Or cancel the contract completely 

No there is no point me using a repair shop when want to upgrade so can I please upgrade 

Userlevel 1

You tried a repair shop?

Tried all that it's the actual phone. I don't want to waste money fixing it when I am.upgrading soon anyway so can I upgrade now please as I'm paying for a phone not able to use..

Userlevel 1

Try the following steps. Good luck.

1. Try restarting the phone.
  2. Let the power drain out of it fully and charge up again.
  3. Does your phone have a screen protector on it? If yes, remove it, and clean the glass. If there is a small bit of dirt between the protector and the glass it can cause something similar. Most modern phones do not require screen protectors, they where more a necessity of earlier gorilla glass versions.
  4. Or lastly, use a search engine and find a phone repair shop near you. They may be able to help. as the screen may need replacing.

Can someone Reply please

Why iD Mobile?