Solved

Buy an additional SIM for family

• 24 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Can I buys an additional SIM through my existing account for my famil.?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 1 May 2018, 14:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Webexpert6,

Welcome to the iD Community.

You will need to purchase a new iD SIM from the website directly.
This will be for a new SIM under a new account. This can also be done under your name but will require a new credit check.

There is a limit of 2 SIMs per account holder.

Mohammed

Can I ask why? - along with many people I am sure, I pay for my wife and three children as well as my own SIMs - that is 5 SIM contracts that ID could have, why can I not do this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @miker 

We’ve seen plenty of cases in which people do have more than two accounts, though these tend to be purchased after 6 months have passed since any previous sales.

It’s generally a precautious measure to prevent people buying many accounts at once and potentially having trouble with repayments.

Many parents tend to buy 1-2 accounts in their own name and the other parents buy 1-2 in cases where multiples are needed in which they can’t be all under one person’s name.

This is still a problem, it’s insane. I just want SIM cards for my wife and I and our three kids, yet ID mobile cannot do this simple thing. Multiple credit checks for additional SIMs is insanity. My wife failed her credit check despite having a great credit rating, so basically, we cannot use ID mobile.

The poor guy at the store tried his best, but even they said that ID mobile is just crazy and he has multiple issues every day.

And all this for a ONE MONTH SIM contract so we could try it out! ONE MONTH!

This is the most completely and utterly useless mobile service purchase experience of my life, and I’ve used Vodafone!

ID Mobile said they were looking into a family SIM package in 2018, and still nothing. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is still a problem, it’s insane. I just want SIM cards for my wife and I and our three kids, yet ID mobile cannot do this simple thing. Multiple credit checks for additional SIMs is insanity. My wife failed her credit check despite having a great credit rating, so basically, we cannot use ID mobile.

The poor guy at the store tried his best, but even they said that ID mobile is just crazy and he has multiple issues every day.

And all this for a ONE MONTH SIM contract so we could try it out! ONE MONTH!

This is the most completely and utterly useless mobile service purchase experience of my life, and I’ve used Vodafone!

ID Mobile said they were looking into a family SIM package in 2018, and still nothing. 

You can do this really easily with SMARTY, and you get a 10% for each additional SIM you have in your group plan.

Why are you waiting @Leigh Porter?

Why iD Mobile?