Solved

Call charges for calling alarm that uses roaming sim

• 20 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, we recently purchased my gran who is 98 an alarm that also acts as a mobile phone so we are able to call it to check she is okay, having just had my phone bill have discovered this costs me 40p per minute, further research shows the alarm has a roaming sim card it in.  She has had 2 falls in recent months so I do need to be able to check on her so can anyone tell me if there is a way of calling this number without it costing me 40p a minute? Thanks

icon

Best answer by MyGenes 27 November 2020, 12:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MyGenes,

Are either of you abroad? Could you provide the make and model of the device you’re describing please?

Will

Hi, no we live next door to each other, have spoken to the alarm company who says the sim card is a roaming sim so it picks up any network where she happens to be.  As she never leaves the house this is unnecessary.  They have said I can replace the sim with a sim card from a specific supplier, so that is what we will do once we have used up the credit that we put on it, just wish they had told me this before I loaded it up with £45 worth of credit! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @MyGenes,

Thanks for getting back to us on that, I haven’t heard of something like that before but I agree, they should have been clearer with the charges. Hopefully their specific supplier is a lot cheaper.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?