Solved

Call connection issues

• 17 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Myself and my wife both signed up to ID mobile for the new Samsung S21. Since joining we both are experiencing issues with connections on calls. When we call out and somebody answers, we can hear them but they can not hear us. It sometimes takes multiple calls before the other person can hear us. This is becoming tiresome and annoying. Has anybody else experienced this and is there a solution?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @PaulD2021 

We are sorry to hear this. Are you having the same issue when someone calls you? Please can you provide us with your postcode so we can check the signal in your area?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

It is only when making outgoing calls. I will not provide my postcode on a public platform. Can you send a private message?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @PaulD2021 

Do you have WiFi calling enabled on your device? 

You can find out how to activate this setting here.

Our Live Chat team can check the coverage within your area. 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

@Michelle 

Yes I have WiFi calling enabled. I have also contacted the live chat. Their solution was that if I'm not happy with the coverage I'm getting then send my phone back and cancel the contract. He blamed the poor coverage although I checked the website coverage checker prior to purchase and I have good coverage both indoor and outdoor.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @PaulD2021 

We can raise this issue with our Tech Team, they will need some examples of the failed calls.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?