Solved

Call forwarding to another network/mobile number

• 17 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, I think I know the answer to this, but want to seek some assurance before travelling please :
As ID only include European roaming, I want to divert/forward my ID mobile calls to my other (work) mobile with Three, which has worldwide roaming included to cover an upcoming trip to the USA.
As both are UK mobiles, am I right in thinking any calls forwarded from the ID mobile to the Three mobile will be done under the inclusive calls allowance, regardless of where the Three mobile actually is in the world?
My plan would be to forward/divert all calls from the ID phone before I go, and only turn it on occasionally to check for received text messages (assuming I can RECEIVE texts on it at no cost in the States?).
Many thanks for your help.
icon

Best answer by Gregor 17 July 2019, 19:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @toadbest

I am 99% sure that as long as your iD Mobile will remain in UK and you will divert it to Three network then it will be charged from your allowances. If your iD number will travel with you to USA then call forwarding will be charged as you would use roaming.

Kind Regards
Badge +10
Additional information:

Calls diverted will be charged at the normal call cost so calls diverted to another UK network would be included in your monthly allowances, anything outside of your allowance would be charged.

Unfortunately iD mobile do not offer SMS forwarding so this feature wouldn't be possible at the moment.
from the horse mouth so to speak
https://community.idmobile.co.uk/ask-a-question-18/call-and-sms-forwarding-30538
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @toadbest,

@Hikari + @terrywebbs are correct here.

As long as the iD Mobile number remains in the UK, then calls forwarded to your Three number would just come out of your allowances at the standard rate (i.e. a UK call).

It's your Three number that's roaming here, so only your Three number would incur Roaming charges if it wasn't included.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?