Question

Calls from abroad

• 27 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I recently made some calls from tenerife. There was 0800 , 0330  and normal numbers which didn’t work. When calling these numbers a voice said these numbers have not been allocated. These numbers could be contacted on other phones. I tried on both movistar an yoigo. Is there anything I should be doing on my ID account or my phone to get these numbers as they were quite important calls at the time.

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @ja1 

The only suggestion that comes to my mind is to replace 0 with +44 is the number is from UK. Could you try it for me and let me know if that helped? If that does not help I will do some more research to find out how I could help you. Unless @Nikhil P or @Mohammed could add to this. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Badge +10

@ja1 just a thought, are you dialling the correct country code for the receiving country?

+44 should be used for all UK numbers instead of the 0

PLUS:
on your account dashboard go to My Services and check you have roaming and international calls activate!!!

I tried both ways with the same end result unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I tried both ways with the same end result unfortunately.

Hello @ja1  what happens when you call +44333 003 7777 (the iD number)

What about when you call UK Mobile numbers, do these work?

Lastly, when you send a text, are your texts going through?

Mohammed

It is only certain numbers that I get the response of not allocated. I am no longer in Tenerife so I can't try that number and I believe the 7777 number has been closed down due to covid 19. Texts have worked.

Why iD Mobile?