Question

Calls to specific number keep cutting out

Every time I try to call a specific number the call cuts out, they can ring me and I can text them and I can ring other numbers.

Is there a way to fix this?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @TomTB1995, is there a location where calling your one specific number works or does the call fail in all locations? 

Is your phone listed at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets (the list of handsets approved for iD’s network)?

No it fails in all locations and yes it is an approved handset.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @TomTB1995, sounds like it’s a network issue or an issue specific to your iD account.

Is the number you’re calling actually included in your plan’s allowances?

If the number is not included in your plan’s allowances, is your account’s bill cap large enough to make calls to this number? 

I would assume so yeah, I can make to calls to other numbers.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d suggest checking the specific number you cannot call is included in your plan’s call allowances.

iD Mobile plan’s generally only include the following patterns in their plans call allowances:

• UK landline numbers starting 01, 02, 03.
  • UK mobile numbers starting 07.

Section 12.25 of iD’s terms & conditions states: 

I’d suggest checking the specific number you cannot call is included in your plan’s call allowances.

iD Mobile plan’s generally only include the following patterns in their plans call allowances:

• UK landline numbers starting 01, 02, 03.
  • UK mobile numbers starting 07.

Section 12.25 of iD’s terms & conditions states: 

It is a UK mobile number

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the owner of the specific UK mobile number, which is failing, has inadvertently blocked your mobile number from calling them?

Perhaps the owner of the specific UK mobile number, which is failing, has inadvertently blocked your mobile number from calling them?

If that were the case, would I still be able to text them?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If that were the case, would I still be able to text them?

A good question - I’m not sure, because iOS and Android may handle this differently.

On iOS, the block feature blocks calls and messages from the given number.

Looking online, it appears Android works differently, allowing you to block callers without blocking messages from that caller, and vice versa.

This wasn’t the case, wasn’t blocked from the other number at all.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This wasn’t the case, wasn’t blocked from the other number at all.

Okay @TomTB1995, can’t suggest anything else besides thinking it’s mostly likely a network issue or an issue specific to your iD account.

For real-time assistance from an iD agent, use the online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Unfortunately, the ID customer service agents only work between 9am - 8pm on weekdays - there’s a support bot outside this time period.

If you can’t use the online chat, just send a private request to iD Mobile’s social media team using facebook (using Messenger) or Twitter (by Direct Message) - the team will also be able to assist.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TomTB1995 

I’d recommend getting in direct contact with us via either Facebook, Twitter or Live Chat so we can investigate this issue further!

Alternatively, we can message you on here and investigate for you, let us know if you’d like us to message you on the iD Mobile Community!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?