Solved

Can I port my number into iD several months down the line?

• 7 June 2020
  • 5 replies

I bought a new phone and then took a Sim only deal with iD mobile including a new number, which I have used for just a few calls since March.
I have a company phone that I will hand back when I leave them in August.

Will iD Mobile allow me to bring the number from that company phone to replace my current iD mobile number?
My company WILL let me keep that number, so that part is no problem.

The information I have read on your FAQs  SEEMS to relate to moving numbers when setting up new iD Mobile deals…. but mine is several month old now and I have used the tel num that came with it, hence it MAY be treated differently.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 June 2020, 14:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @nrig,

Thanks for contacting us here.

I can completely understand the need to clarify this, our info is based on the assumption that almost all customers port their number in when joining.

Don’t worry, you can still keep your number. 

You’ll need a PAC code from the other network (and the number you are porting into iD cannot already belong to an iD plan).

Once you have the PAC code, you can log into the iD app/account, click My Services > Keep your number

Enter the PAC code and the number here and we’ll handle the rest.

Did you know, you can even port a new number into the network if one has already been ported before? (which is a very rare situation). This can only be done by contacting us directly though.

However, for your request, you can do this via the app/account.

Let us know if you have any issues anyway.

Mohammed

EDIT: I’ve renamed your post for clarify and moved this to the correct section

Thanks Mohammed for the reassurance. Sounds good.
while looking into this I did visit your Community and there seemed to be several people having problems with the process.

They did what was suggested with the pac code and new number. They then  could not user their phone for days

And as there is no one to help, it seems  just automated systems, I am concerned that this could happen to me. 
How do I avoid losing access to my phone if I change numbers?

thank you again

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @nrig 

You can always contact our Live Chat team who are able to look into your account for you.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Thanks Pearl, hopefully all will go well… if not I will go to Live Chat...

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @nrig, just following up to see if everything went well with your port? :blush:

Rory

Why iD Mobile?