Solved

Can I use the same phone number on two devices ?

• 25 March 2019
  • 5 replies

As the title says ... I have a Galaxy S7 with an iD SIM card. I've just bought a Galaxy Tab S2 with a SIM slot, which I'm going to use for entertainment / sat nav in my car. The 4G will be useful for Google Maps updates as well as phone calls.
Can I fit a duplicate SIM in the Tab S2, or is there some way to forward calls if I buy a separate SIM?

TIA
icon

Best answer by Kash 26 March 2019, 14:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @boodysaspie,

Although this would be a great feature to have, I'm afraid that there is no way to split the services of one contract between two separate SIM cards. The SIM card fitted into your Galaxy Tab 2 will need to have it's own contract and with it's own phone number applied.

If you want a data connection for your tablet, you can always set up a mobile hotspot from your phone, however this will use your data up very quickly, and it's something that is not recommended.

Ryan
Hi Ryan, thanks for the quick reply.

Which would be my best option - using the S7 as a hotspot, or buying a PAYG SIM for the Tab S2?
Userlevel 3
My children have tablets for use on long car rides and doing homework on/playing games. I originally had separate data-only SIMs, but they used so little internet when we were out of the house that it wasn't worth the SIM s they had. Now I have them SIM free, and they connect to either Wi-Fi at home, or my personal hotspot while out.

Nikita
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @boodysaspie,

It's hard to advise on this as it depends on the amount of data that you use and the amount of data that you have on your tariff.

If you believe that the data on your tariff is enough for both devices then that would be a good option. Although this being said it's easy to use up data quicker than usual if you are tethering, so it's a good idea to ensure that you have a cap in place.

If you are looking for a SIM only deal for the tablet we do have some good deals online which you can find HERE.

Kash
Thanks to all for your advice.

I've got a long trip coming up, to France to see family. I think I'll put the S& SIM in the Tab S2 for the journey, as well as downloading the maps from Google.

Now, can anyone tell me what paperwork I need 😅

Why iD Mobile?