Question

can't connect id mobile network to pptp vpn server

Hi why id mobile network couldn't connect to pptp vpn server? 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @UGMENTALCASE, I’d recommend speaking to the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams who can take a look at your account and raise a trouble ticket if needed.

Thank you,

Rory

So I have literally tried everything. I can connect to my VPN when I’m on my wifi, the port is open and can be seen from the internet and as soon as I turn my wifi off and go to mobile signal it won’t connect. I’ve found an app which will scan an ip address. I’ve scanned my fixed ip and it shows the port is open. I’ve then got the mobile network ip and tried scanning that, it doesn’t show the port as being open.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Okay, have you tried resetting the network settings in your device to see if this could help the connection?

Let us know if this helps at all, if not we’ll get in contact with you and see if there’s anything on your account we can change to fix this.

Alternatively you’ll be able to contact us via the iD Mobile Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter!

Tom

Yes, so I have a VPN router at home so when I'm away from home I can go to the VPN on the phone connect to my router and access my network. My routers are set up correctly, but when I try and connect the phone just says unsuccessful.

The VPN using port 1723, I can check this from my home network using canyouseeme.org and testing the port there. 

I had a EE phone prior to this and when that would connect, this of mobile one wouldn't. 

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @UGMENTALCASE, so you’re not using a VPN provider such as NordVPN? is this something you’re trying to set up on a local network?

We’re not aware of any widespread VPN issues on iD, so as much information as you can possibly give about your specific issue will make it easier for us to assist you.

Thank you,

Rory

There is no VPN Provider. It depends on whether I'd mobile block the VPN port 1723 

Thanks for the reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I’m not particularly qualified on this topic I’m afraid, @UGMENTALCASE. Is there any more information you can give me, perhaps any sort of network settings/requirements from the VPN provider themselves?

Have you contacted the VPN provider to troubleshoot this with them?

Thank you,

Rory

I have noticed this today. I have a pptp server and my old network EE, connects fine to it, this network does not. Any help would be great.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @mojtaba7b, I’m afraid you’ll need to be a little more specific.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?