Solved

Can't get rid of voicemail notification!!

• 6 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi there!

I joined ID Mobile just under a month ago and since I've joined my phone has been constantly notifying me of a voicemail that doesn't seem to exist. I searched these forums and saw that a few others had this problem and it could be caused by transferring your number from your previous provider too quickly. These posters were told to contact ID Mobile directly or a moderator said they would DM them.

So naturally I rang up customer service and they told me to go into a Carphone Warehouse for advice. The guy there just disabled all notifications for voicemail and said it was now fixed. So basically the only thing to do was to have no notification at all, even if I had a legit voicemail. And that was where it was left.

Obviously this isn't good enough so I thought I'd try asking on here for some answers. If it helps, I have a Moto G5s Plus and I transferred my original phone number within the first day of acitvating my sim. I've tried clearing the voicemail cache and turning voicemail on and off in the iD app.

I'm also getting terrible coverage in every room in my house but my brother(also with iD) has great signal? Don't know if the two issues are related but overall not having a smooth ride with this switch. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.
icon

Best answer by Kevin 8 March 2019, 12:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Fairloi

I know someone who had this problem a while ago and i was able to change the way your phone notifies you of a new voicemail. I chose to notify by text instead of by on-screen notification. This seemed to stop it reoccurring. Only the new voicemails came through from that point.

I called the voicemail number and went through a bunch of settings until I found the option. I do believe they were on giffgaff at the time.
I'm not sure what the process would be or even if iD supports this feature but you could give it a try.

If I remember correctly i did also come across somebody who said they had to contact their previous phone provider and fix it on their end. As the voicemail was stored on an account from the previous network, they couldn't access it themselves anymore since the switchover. Though I have no idea if that was successful or not.

I do remember the endless searches through forums to find a fix for this issue to no avail, so I hope one of these works for you.

🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good day @Fairloi

From the sounds of it this will be because someone had left a voicemail with you whilst your number ported, so you'll essentially have a ghost notification there. We'll be able to get this removed though for you and that would be the end of that issue. You would not need to do anything with the phones settings, so we're truly sorry you had been misadvised previously.

Could you either get in touch with our Live Chat Team (see here) 

If you're emailing us, please include your community username, along with your name, address, mobile number, and date of birth.

Userlevel 1
@Kevin @Adzdalton I'm afraid I switched back to Giffgaff before I read your reply. Sadly, the constant voicemail notification was not my only issue; I was missing important calls because of the bad reception in and around my house. I just couldnt afford to waste more time trying to sort it all out. Thank you for taking the time to reply all the same!
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as the OP - I have live-chatted and spoken twice to customer services and visitied Carphone Warehouse, on each occasion explaining that the problem was as @Kevin summarised in his post above. I have got nowhere!

Is there any chance @Kevin could assist me?

Kind regards,

AloneAgainOr
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @AloneAgainOr,

If you have tried everything that has been suggested above, then you can contact our team via emailwhere we will begin to look into this issue further for you.

Ryan

Dear Ryan,

Thanks for your reply. According to @Kevin's post above:

From the sounds of it this will be because someone had left a voicemail with you whilst your number ported, so you'll essentially have a ghost notification there. We'll be able to get this removed though for you and that would be the end of that issue. You would not need to do anything with the phones settings, so we're truly sorry you had been misadvised previously.

This suggests there is nothing for me to try and it must be done by you.

Kind regards,

AloneAgainOr
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @AloneAgainOr,

I understand, however @Kevin's post isn't something that applies to all voicemail issues though I'm afraid and we do find that often it is an issue with the system 'phone' app on the device, and clearing the data on this app can help with resolving this issue.

I can see that you have emailed us, so I will respond to this very soon.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?