Solved

Can't reply to Barclays fraud check short number 89018

• 25 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m unable to reply to the short number 89018 to verify a fraud check text from Barclays.

I’m sure I’ll be able to contact them via phone to resolve this but it’s a tad inconvenient.

Could you look into this for me please? I’m sure I can’t be the only one who’s effected by this.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Rory 25 June 2020, 13:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Maarek, sorry to hear you’re not receiving security texts from Barclays. If you raise a tech ticket with the Live Chat team, they’ll look into this for you. 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory,

Thanks for the answer, but you seem to have misread by post.

I’m not having any problems receiving texts from Barclays, just replying.

Regardless, the advice is the same either way I expect.

If I have the time I may contact live chat.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Maarek,

Please do let us know what the team says. Apologies for any confusion caused by Rory’s reply, the advice is the same for not being able to send text messages to those types of SMS.

Just something else to point out, it is likely a shortcode number which they use and some phones automatically stop texts to those numbers due to the majority being charged at premium rates. Have you managed to text other shortcode numbers? If not, ensure there are no settings on the phone blocking outgoing SMS or that your account has the premium bar lifted.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?