Solved

cannot turn off call forwarding on Android

• 21 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just transferred to iD from EE. I have not changed any of the settings on my Nokia 1. However the phone no longer logs missed calls as it did with EE and the call forwarding setting now has all my calls forwarded to iD voicemail when the phone is busy, unanswered or unreachable. When I try to turn it off I get a call settings error message which says - Your operator doesn’t support disabling call forward when your phone is busy (or unanswered or unreachable). I have had to ring voicemail 3 times already only to find the same scam number has rung and not left a message. With my old provider I could just see this in the call log. I have tried a fix I found on another thread -##21# which produces a message saying call forwarding has been switched off but it has not been turned off in the actual call forwarding settings. This is really annoying. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 29 January 2021, 14:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jan68,

Ideally, what is it you’re wanting your handset to do when somebody tries to call you and you’re busy? let us know, and we’ll see what we can find for you.

Will

Userlevel 1

Thanks for replying. I want the number of the missed call to be listed in the call log and any messages to go to voicemail. At the moment there is no record of missed calls unless you ring voicemail even when there is no message. This is what I had with my last supplier. You can see the numbers so you don’t have to take time to ring voicemail and then write any numbers down  so is much quicker and seems a much more sensible way of doing things. I hope you can help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jan68 

Please can you try the following steps:

1. Press the phone icon.
  2. Press the menu icon.
  3. Press Settings.
  4. Press Calls.
  5. Press Call forwarding.
  6. Press the required divert type.
  7. Key in (prefix) 5 (your phone number) and press TURN ON. (prefix) 5 (your phone number)
  8. Press the Home key to return to the home screen

Once done, please test to see if all is working fine.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

A subsequent post of mine explained that the issue has changed. The problem seems to be with a certain number rather than call forwarding itself. I have posted a new question called how to block an incoming number.

Thanks for trying to help

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jan68 

I’ve replied to your other topic

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?