Solved

Carrier aggregation on iD Mobile

Userlevel 2
Three UK had started offering carrier aggregation for a couple of months now and I'm wondering whether iD users have this capability. I've passed many 4G+ locations on nPerf but on my phone (Voda S8), I've only recorded and seen 4G. Can anyone confirm this please?

Regards, Taimoor
icon

Best answer by Gregor 5 May 2019, 16:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Taij28

I have noticed 4G+ on my phone in quiet a few areas recently. I have never paid to much attention to it though. I am not heavy download/upload or stream on the go user so H+ is still good enough for my needs but I will be following it more closely now to see how often and how strong 4G+ signal is going to be.

I just got it on the way to Edinburgh but it disappeared very quickly.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 2
Hi @Taij28

I have noticed 4G+ on my phone in quiet a few areas recently. I have never paid to much attention to it though. I am not heavy download/upload or stream on the go user so H+ is still good enough for my needs but I will be following it more closely now to see how often and how strong 4G+ signal is going to be.

I just got it on the way to Edinburgh but it disappeared very quickly.

Kind Regards

Hmm 🤔, that’s interesting, as it seems iD users do get 4G+, I’ve just travelled from Manchester to Guildford and not once did I see 4G+, starting to think my phone might have something to do with it although I have 4G Calling so firmware shouldn’t be an issue. Thanks for image though.
Userlevel 2

I can verify that CA is available to iD Mobile users - I often used the Huawei P Smart 2018 and have started seeing 4G+ quite often now - even managed to add some data to nPerf. I don’t get it everywhere where there is 4G+ but I think that’s either due to my mobile or the fact that iD is an MVNO and there might be throtteling going on - but I’m not sure but bottom line is that iD users do get 4G+

Why iD Mobile?