Question

change sim only plan

• 13 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I was out of contract on a sim only deal and saw a cheaper option which I liked, I have signed up for the new deal and had to re enter my bank details? I have received messages to say that a new sim is on its way? The new deal is showing in my account and my old deal has gone. I want to keep my existing number and not change sim card if possible. I can’t make sense of the Live chat answers.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @teves,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you wish to keep the same number and change your tariff you would need to upgrade instead.

Unfortunately iD Mobile doesn’t support internal number ports so you would need to upgrade in order to keep the same number.

You can view your upgrade options via your account online or via the App.

Thanks,

Kash

Hi Kash, looking around at some of the threads it seems to be quite a common issue for people, fortunately I managed to get a live chat with a person by entering “need human” into the chat I was having with the chat bot, they explained that as I was out of contract with my original sim the new contract had been applied to my account as an upgrade, they also said that a Sim card is always sent out and would be blank and to keep it as a spare as my existing sim would be fine. So far so good - new contract showing on my account, charges for new contract applied pro rata as starting mid month - new sim has arrived and old sim still working fine.

Thanks

teves

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @teves,

I’m glad to hear that it was an upgrade after all instead of a brand new contract. 🙂 

You can use the new SIM card if you need a different size i.e if you’re changing phone, but as you say, you can keep it as a spare in case you need it in the future.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?