Solved

Change to sim only

• 14 December 2020
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I have a derect debit for my sons phone we bought from car phone warehouse with id mobile. His 2 years contract was up in August, and we are still paying the direct debit. He’s happy with the phone so how do we cancel the debit, start id sim only and keep his number?

Thanks Mark

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 21 December 2020, 15:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @markfletcher 

You will need to log in online through your iD app and change to a SIM-only plan. This would be the quickest and easiest way to do this on your end.

-Mohsin

Hi

Iv wanting to do the same, to change from contract to simonly plan but iv got not option to change. Dose my contract have to be over? im contract ends in march

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @andyg26,

I would expect the option to move to a SIM-only plan to appear when you are closer to the end of your contract.

Ryan

Hi 

Iv just had a email saying my contract ends on the 2 March but there's no option for changing to sim only. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @andyg26,

You can upgrade early to a handset before that date. Once that date occurs, SIM only deals will be available to you.

Will

So on the 2nd I will have to cancel my contract and move over to sim only 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @andyg26,

You don’t need to cancel as this will end the contract.

You should see SIM only options in the last week or so in some cases, others it’s on the 2nd onwards.

Once you’re eligible, log into the iD app/account

Click My Account

Click Upgrade now

Select SIM only

Then complete the order via your account.

This will send a new SIM out that will just replace your old and the plan will automatically update in the app to show the new SIM only plan.

You’d keep your same number, payment date, logins etc.

If you order a new contract, you’d get a new number, new credit check, new DD setup etc and you can’t transfer the number.

The upgrade needs to be done via your account.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed

My contract ends tomorrow (2nd) and i still cant see a “sim only” offer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @andyg26,

In some cases it can be after the contract has ended to.

If you don’t see the option showing tomorrow, please let us know here and we’ll see if we can help.

Mohammed

Hi

I've had a look this morning and still no joy, plus the website is down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @andyg26,

There was an issue with the app/account last night but this should have been resolved by now.

Not to worry, I’ll send you a PM so we can look into this further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?