Solved

Changing Billing Information

• 13 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

My mum registered her name as well as her billing details to my iD Account and I want to change it to my name as well as my own billing details.

I've seen that I'm able to change the profile details but not the account name.

I'm able to change the billing details but since I can't change the account name, it's not able to change.

How do I solve this problem?

icon

Best answer by Joshk 15 September 2021, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joshk ,

Is the iD Mobile account under your name or your mothers name?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi kash,

It's currently under my mother's name, but I'd like it to be my name, as well as all the details being changed to my details. 

Many thanks,

Josh Kemp 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Joshk,

It’s not possible to do that I’m afriad.

If you want that number to be in your name, you’d need to ask your Mother to request a PAC code for it, and then port the number to another network that isn’t us. Once it’s there, she can request a PAC from them.

You would then need to take out a new deal with us in your name, and use the PAC your mother has. This would mean the deal is in your name, with the desired number. Does that make sense?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Joshk,

It’s not possible to do that I’m afriad.

If you want that number to be in your name, you’d need to ask your Mother to request a PAC code for it, and then port the number to another network that isn’t us. Once it’s there, she can request a PAC from them.

You would then need to take out a new deal with us in your name, and use the PAC your mother has. This would mean the deal is in your name, with the desired number. Does that make sense?

Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for your message. I'm a bit confused as I found a very similar issue raised by another ID user, who was told to private message an employee who ended up fixing it for him. I link the conversation here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/your-id-mobile-account-app-23/changing-my-account-name-and-billing-details-539

If you scroll down to Michelle's response you'll see what I am talking about.

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me in the same way.

Thanks, 

Josh

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

ID Mobile cannot change the account holder from one individual to another. No network will do that!

However, you can change your name in certain instances, such as when one gets married, or legally changes their name by deed poll.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Joshk,

Yeah, what @WelshPaul said basically. 

As I’ve advised, we can’t change account holders on an existing line.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will,

It seems strange to me that we have to go via a different provider. Why can't we request a PAC and use it to set up a new deal with iD? Surely this is discouraging me from staying with you? Can't we just do the process once and change the information?

Many thanks,

Josh

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Joshk,

I get what you’re saying, however we don’t accept our own PAC codes as part of the porting process. That’s why the number would have to leave us first, so that a PAC for the number that isn’t our own PAC code can generated and used on a new iD line.

Will

Why iD Mobile?