Question

Changing from 1 month to 12 / 24 month plan?

I took out a 1 month SIM only plan to check the service etc all worked OK, I’m happy enough with ID now so wanted to change on to a 12 or 24 month plan but they aren’t available to me in the app.

They show on the website before logging in, but only 1 month plans are available to me.

How can I switch?

Cheers

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ll need 6 months of payment history before you can change or upgrade to a longer plan.

Good luck.

Cheers. So as a new customer I can sign up to a 24 month contract but as a current customer I have to prove myself for 6 months? Seems a bit odd 🤷🏻‍♂️

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes indeed @Phil Numbers. It’s an odd procedure, but iD Mobile do seem to do things differently in a few areas.

If you can’t wait, you can always leave using a PAC or STAC, then re-join on a 24-month contract.

However, if you’ve got an iD My Account online, you won’t be able to use it again if you re-join - you’ll need a new iD My Account with a different username (email address).

Anyway, good luck.

If you can’t wait, you can always leave using a PAC or STAC, then re-join on a 24-month contract.

I’m in no major rush, I was hoping that by taking out a 2 year contract there’s a slim chance I’d be able to keep free roaming until the end of the contract after they inevitably remove it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good plan @Phil Numbers, to-date iD have been saying they’ve got no plans to change their roam like home for 50 EU & EAA destinations.

Only time will tell.

Why iD Mobile?