Solved

Changing Networks

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I have just started with ID and asked to move my old number. My old phone now has no coverage and my new phone is still with the ID number and not the one i asked to be moved over, how long will the porting take as i need to use that number for work.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 1 July 2022, 14:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If today is your porting number day, it should be completed by 5-6pm.

After submitting your your PAC, your number will be transferred the next working day, between 8am and 10pm. But please note, that doesn’t always mean the very next day.

When I joined iD, my number port completed around 3pm.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply, 

Its the gap between that im wondering about, how long was there between them switching off your old network to your number being ported to ID?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Steve Donald, it does seem to depend on who you port from and to.

I joined iD from SMARTY and went without service for around 5 hours - one of the hazards of number porting I guess.

I suggest you turn OFF your iD handset, but keep checking once an hour for network service.

Anyway, I hope your port goes smoothly.

Userlevel 1

Okay @Steve Donald, it does seem to depend on who you port from and to.

I joined iD from SMARTY and went without service for around 5 hours - one of the hazards of number porting I guess.

I suggest you turn OFF your iD handset, but keep checking once an hour for network service.

Anyway, I hope your port goes smoothly.

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Steve Donald, just checking in to see if you still need help with this?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi @Steve Donald, just checking in to see if you still need help with this?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory, 

Thanks but it sorted itself out, I just didnt expect it to take the time it did.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

No problem @Steve Donald, glad to hear you’re up and running! Hope you enjoy your time with us :)

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?