Question

CLOSING ACCOUNT

• 5 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

I am trying to close my account as I have moved to another country.
I can't reach anyone, but I have my account number and all.
I need to keep my number because of WhatsApp but would like to cancel my ID account and plan.

Please let me know?

JM

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @JJMM 

You can cancel through the iD App. Simply go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile and then select 'End my plan'. Please be aware that we need at least 30 day's notice before your contract ends. 

If you are unable to do this through the App, Our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network Team here is the best place to request a cancellation. I have tested the Live Chat app and can confirm I was able to get through to an advisor. Once you entered your name, mobile number, and reason for the chat, you will be transferred to the iD chatbot, at this point just type in the word ‘Agent’ or ‘Human’ and you will get put through to an advisor who can assist you.  We’re also contactable via Facebook and Twitter if you use those platforms. If you have trouble using those services then please let us know here and we’ll offer further support.

-Mohsin

Hi Mohsin,

thanks very much. Ive tried using Live Chat for two days and it won't work!

Ive also tried End my plan but it said it would only end it by cancelling my number as well.
I want to keep my number with no plan.

The other option it gives me is end plan with a special code used to open a new account with another company, which means as soon as the other company accepts the code ID cancels my plan. 

I am out of the UK so I don't want any company at all.

Just keep my number so people can reach me on WhatsApp.

Please let me know! thanks for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @JJMM, unfortunately it’s not possible to switch from Pay Monthly to Pay As You Go, which is essentially what you’re asking for here. If you cancel your plan, the line will be disconnected and the number will be lost. You can obtain a Pay As You Go SIM from a different network and then PAC transfer your number across to that if you wish, as that will give the desired outcome.

If you need any help with this, just let me know!

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?