Question

Competition Texts Won't Send

• 24 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I think this may be due to id mobile blocking short numbers for texts, does anyone know how to get this unlocked please? I have premium unlocked and a couple of my competition texts have gone through ok, but some haven’t.

Grateful for any assistance!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @AlyComp 

Have you got a Spend Cap set up on your iD plan? As the premium texts are chargeable, once you have hit your spending cap, you can no longer go over it which is why you may not be able to send more texts to competitions. You can choose an out-of-plan spend cap between £0 and £25 when you first buy your plan, and can then adjust it between £0 and your credit limit at any time within the iD Mobile app or My Account online.

Here’s how to do this:
• Select 'Services’ from the bottom menu of the app (or ‘My Services’ if you’re in My Account.)
• Then select ‘Edit my capped limit’. You can then move the slider anywhere between £0 and your credit limit.

Let us know how you get on.

-Mohsin

Thanks Mohsin,

There is a spending cap on but it’s nowhere near the limit as the texts are 10p each and my cap is currently £5. I think it’s  to do with the short numbers that ID locks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @AlyComp 

We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this further on our end. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?