Question

Complaint - Account created with my stolen ID

Userlevel 1

[edit]

I emailed you 4th March stating  how my ID had been stolen an a phone account opened up using it.  I reported this to the police and send 2 emails to your complaints email.

i have now just received a final payment fore £25.99  and how if I dont pay you will pass this one to balifts.

I DID NOT OPEN THIS ACCOUNT.  

Please will someone contact me to stop this account and the hassle it is causing me.

The account number, so written on this final demand, is [edit]  

What do I have to do for you guys to acknowlegde this ?  I dont imagine Im the first person to have this done too so please can someone confirm to me what I need to do ?  Ive emailed the company twice, I have passed over the police reference number ? What else

SBK

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

i have the same issue.  Someone has stolen my ID and created a phone account.  Now Im getting final demand letters.

What can I do ?  please can someone contact me. 

Userlevel 1

I am suffering from the same issue.  Someone has stolen my ID / address and registered a phone with you.  Now im getting final demand letters.  i have emailed the complaints email twice with police numbers etc.  The only reply I got was that the complaints email was now being switched off ???

I just want this pain to stop.  I didnt even know about IDMOBILE until all this started. Ive been with EE for over 30 years.

Please can someone PM me and explain what I need to do to make this stop. 

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue.  Someone has registered a phone under my stolen ID and address.  Now Im getting final demands for payment.

I have emailed IDMOBILE twice with police reference numbers but still the pain continues.

Can someone please email me to tell me how I have this issue resolved.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue.  Someone has registered a phone under my stolen ID and address.  Now Im getting final demands for payment.

I have emailed IDMOBILE twice with police reference numbers but still the pain continues.

Can someone please email me to tell me how I have this issue resolved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @sbk1972, I’ve merged all of your posts on this topic into one thread so it’s easier for the team here to follow. I’ve also edited some of your posts to remove personal information; please refrain from sharing this on the public forum.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been a victim of fraud. I can imagine this is a distressing situation for you, and we’d like to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

I’ve just sent you a private message. If you can get back to us at your earliest convenience, that would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

I have replied to your private message.

I dont want baliffs to turn up at my house.  I have not registered this phone or know anything about this.  I cant handle this pressure, the letters,  etc.  I suffer from anxiety and Im starting to loose sleep over this.  Why have these criminals picked on me ?   

I just want this to stop. Please

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @sbk1972, I can completely understand why this would be an upsetting experience for you, but try not to worry; if our Fraud Team are satisfied that this is indeed a fraudulent transaction, we’ll ensure that it’s dealt with and there are no negative repercussions for you. 

To avoid confusion, we’ll keep all further correspondence to the private message chain.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Please can I have an update on what will happen now ?  Ive passed over all the details you asked for.  

Am I meant to now just sit and worry, wait for the next letter,  the baliffs to turn up ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @sbk1972 

We can confirm someone from our back office team will get back to you regarding this, thank you for your continued patience.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  In the meantime have you put a stop on that phone / number / sim?  I hope so.  Seems crazy if you don't. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @sbk1972 

We can confirm a hold has been put on the account so no collections will take place.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  Thank you so much. 

Why iD Mobile?