Question

Connecting to new printer

• 16 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi. We have just bought a new wireless printer which is connected to our network but my phone is not picking it up? This isn’t the first time I’ve had issues. I was told this network worked well where we live but it’s not very good

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Wendyshea,

That sounds frustrating.

If your smartphone and wireless printer are using the same Wi-Fi network, then you should be able to print things from your smartphone.

Your wireless printer would need to have an iD SIM card installed to stand any chance of getting connected with your smartphone.

The standard way of doing this is for both devices to use the same Wi-Fi network. Sometimes you need to install an app (on your smartphone) to get Wi-Fi printing to work nicely.

Anyway, good luck!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry @Wendyshea,

I meant to say - your wireless printer would need to have an iD SIM card installed to stand any chance of getting connected with your smartphone using the iD mobile network.

I hope you manage to get your phone printing to your new wireless printer over your local Wi-Fi network.

Anyway, good luck! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I was told this network worked well where we live but it’s not very good

Connecting your phone to your printer has nothing to do with what network you’re using...

The phone needs to be on the same WiFi network as the printer to work and some require the use of an app. HP offer a service called ePrint where you can email a document to the printer and have it print out remotely when away from the WiFi network.

Anyway, what phone and what printer do you have?

Why iD Mobile?