Question

Consistently poor coverage, Croydon

• 27 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I am consistently getting poor/no signal in the Croydon/Surrey area. It is noteworthy if it ever gets to 4g. Deadzones are commonplace and mobile data is constantly cutting out. Can anyone help?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pretender123467890,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with coverage here.

Please can you confirm the postcodes of the affected areas so we can look into this?

Have you tried restarting your handset?

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

I've noticed this in Croydon too. Always used to be good but as a truck driver I've noticed once good signal areas are now poor and many previous good signal areas will constantly drop calls and that's places all over the country, not just Croydon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AndyLB,

Sorry to hear that.

If you do have some postcodes we can try to take a look at the areas for you.

Without any postcodes we wouldn’t have an idea of what the local masts are showing for coverage.

Mohammed

I’ve recently noticed a difference in coverage between iD and Three (even though they use the same network).

I’m of the opinion that iD now don’t have access to all of Three’s masts anymore.

I base this on the fact that my wife's phone on Three can have 4G coverage when mine only gets 3G.

I’ve recently noticed a difference in coverage between iD and Three (even though they use the same network).

I’m of the opinion that iD now don’t have access to all of Three’s masts anymore.

I base this on the fact that my wife's phone on Three can have 4G coverage when mine only gets 3G.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Eeeps,

Have you a postcode of a specific area so we can look into this for you?

Will

Why iD Mobile?